Subject: Dead end or am I missing something...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm currently tackling the Chest of the Damned along with the Offerings of the Guardians.

So I accidentally ended up on an island, and while exploring to work out where I am, I found Card #312, which included a search icon to draw card #438.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When performing the search, I was given the chance to draw a different result card due to my curse. I was feeling really lucky here, I'd stumbled onto something relevant.

So I passed the test, and ended up getting stuck. Passed that action to escape, and all that did was leave me where I started.

So I thought, ok, maybe I have to fail this one. Failed it, was given another test, which wanted me to discard some cards for some food, ok, a little useful. Then that card was banished.

So now what, doesn't actually seem to be anything relevant to the curse here and I seem to have exhausted all avenues. Was looking for hidden numbers and the like, but couldn't see anything.

Maybe I'm just done here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
So I'm currently tackling the Chest of the Damned along with the Offerings of the Guardians.

So I accidentally ended up on an island, and while exploring to work out where I am, I found Card #312, which included a search icon to draw card #438.

When performing the search, I was given the chance to draw a different result card due to my curse. I was feeling really lucky here, I'd stumbled onto something relevant.

So I passed the test, and ended up getting stuck. Passed that action to escape, and all that did was leave me where I started.

So I thought, ok, maybe I have to fail this one. Failed it, was given another test, which wanted me to discard some cards for some food, ok, a little useful. Then that card was banished.

So now what, doesn't actually seem to be anything relevant to the curse here and I seem to have exhausted all avenues. Was looking for hidden numbers and the like, but couldn't see anything.

Maybe I'm just done here?

I believe that search is nothing more than a nasty trap... I don't believe there is anything for either of your current curses where you are.
Although there is quite a nice hidden number somewhere nearby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medwards wrote:
I believe that search is nothing more than a nasty trap... I don't believe there is anything for either of your current curses where you are.

So, I've been wandering this area tonight, and I haven't found the hidden number you're talking about. Is this related to
the weird bird with a transparent body next to the hole?

Could you provide a clue? This has been bothering me since you mentioned this! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galehar wrote:
medwards wrote:

So, I've been wandering this area tonight, and I haven't found the hidden number you're talking about. Is this related to
the weird bird with a transparent body next to the hole?

Could you provide a clue? This has been bothering me since you mentioned this! Thanks.

Assuming the one I found is what was being referred to:
It's a few squares away, on the same set of islands
On card #056
Giving you card #254 and from that a treasure map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird how I missed this one and also all the other people in 2 different groups! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is the one I was referring too. I missed it first time as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.