Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pyuredeadbrilliant [+] [View All]
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recents image uploads prompted me to upload some of mine.

I went for a very worn/battle scarred look. I was testing new (to me) weathering techniques and a new airbrush (first time I airbrushed in about 15 years). So, I went heavier than I needed to, but like the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Really nice work. I have yet to take the plunge and enter the airbrush world. I am sure I will at some point. Your work is inspirational
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! That first one is my favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyuredeadbrillant

Warmest regards,

Jim O'Neill

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the compliments. I used to build 1:35th scale vehicles about 20 or so years ago. After too may moves where my stuff was destroyed I quit (and sold off my airbrush).

I had gotten into miniatures gaming, initially using micro armor and 15mm for WW2 land battles (as well as other scales for other periods). After giving away a ton of that stuff and selling a bit more prior to yet another move into a smaller place, I saw some Bolt Action stuff. Picked up the rules and decided to build US and German armies. I also picked up a new air brush and compressor, and watched a bunch of youtube videos on weathering. A lot of cool new products allow new techniques since my model building days! Companies like Mig make it really easy to get half way decent results.

Since then I've moved again (hopefully final time...) and have yet to set up my hobby room or unpack my wargaming stuff. I hope to get to it soon, I have a few US and German vehicles partially built and some buildings and infantry to get to.

I admit I did cheat and use a painting service for the infantry I do have painted. I built them and sent them off. I'll try to get some pictures of them if I can find the case they are in. My time is pretty limited and I would rather use it on painting vehicles or infantry for other periods (modern/near future/zombie skirmishing and hopefully some Dark Ages forces for Saga, and maybe some Colonial and Native forces for Congo!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While wife and daughter are out shopping I dug out my Bolt Action case and took a few more pictures. I assembled but did not paint the infantry, but think the painter did a great job.

Machineguns on halftrack and on jeep are removable, and the .50 on the jeep can be replaced with a .30, I mounted a bit of plastic tube on the floor to stick the posts of the MGs into. 'Canvas' windshield cover is a piece of kleenex coated in white glue and then painted. Wire cutter on bumper is a bit of plastic beam glued on.

I also didn't glue the barrel of the Stug on, and can switch them out (the longer 75mm is on the pictures below, the shorter 105mm is in the pictures above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.