Subject: Scenario #15 Question(Possible Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Levy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the Shrine of Strength with 3 characters. At one point during the scenario, all 3 characters must step on 3 different pressure plates to open the final door. If one character becomes exhausted before getting to a pressure plate, do I automatically lose the scenario, or would I then just have to step on 2 pressure plates with my 2 remaining characters?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scenarios are configured based on the amount of characters that start the scenario, so I would guess that if any character exhausted prior to the doors being unlocked, the party would be unable to occupy enough pressure plates and thus would fail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryden
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this would be a failure. The scenario does not adjust mid-scenario to compensate for the loss of a character. You don't adjust the monsters therefore you would not adjust other characteristics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Wenzel
Austria
Graz
Österreich
flag msg tools
but you can stand on a pressure plate with a summon, can't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
humankapital wrote:
but you can stand on a pressure plate with a summon, can't you?

perhaps, though if there is any monster revealed anywhere, the summon would focus on that and begin to move toward it. (summons follow the same type of AI as the monsters. you don't get to choose where they go, other than the initial location when you summon them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
actually, the scenario rules state that "characters" must occupy the pressure plates. I don't believe summons count as "characters"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.