Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hart Brown
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Holland 44 for Christmas from my wife and I am loving it! Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can mount it on cardboard or a gameboard without ruining it? I need to do the same thing with my ASLSK maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
I think that, laying it over a table with a good plexiglas above, is a good solution, and above all very simple, with no risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Mounting the ASLSK maps would substantially increase the bulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others: Get a sheet of plexi glass. It's what most wargamers do. If you glue cardboard to the maps, you will risk getting a warped board. Cardboard tends to contract and bend when the glue dries, and you will probably end up with something which will not lay flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you transition from ASLSK to ASL, plexi is ideal for holding overlays in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Correll
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Or.. you could sandwich between two sheets of plexiglass and take a high speed saw and cut it down to what ever offset from the map you want and the friction would fuse the plexiglass together while you cut to encase it. I would just lay some nice plexi over top though. I have been buying the 8.5x11 sheets, thinking of portability and storage, to lay over top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poster frames work well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JackFlash wrote:
Poster frames work well!

Probably not for this game. It has a funky second mapsheet that makes the total map size larger (longer) than a standard poster frame. Best bet (as I've done, and as has been suggested here) is to go the plexiglas route, which in this case required two sheets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
Nice games collection, Leo! How many, and in how many years? And did you played all them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
O-H!
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
JackFlash wrote:
Poster frames work well!

Probably not for this game. It has a funky second mapsheet that makes the total map size larger (longer) than a standard poster frame. Best bet (as I've done, and as has been suggested here) is to go the plexiglas route, which in this case required two sheets...

I played the game using two poster frames with no issue.

I used duct tape to tape the wooden backing of both poster frames together and then used all four long clips to hold the poster front sides to the taped together backsides. Worked great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hieronymus62 wrote:
Nice games collection, Leo! How many, and in how many years? And did you played all them?

Total collection is around 400 games (not including expansions), which includes games I bought as far back as the 1970's. Of that figure around 220 are wargames. And, no, I've not played them all! About 50% played at this point...I keep chipping away playing unplayed games but then I keep buying new ones, so it's a constant struggle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
Really impressive! I like to play the games, not only to have them, so I have limited my selection to solitaire and solitaire-friendly, possibly wargames only. So, I think to have only 30-40 games, but I played with them all...and continue to play (and to lose, e.g. with the D-Day at Peleliu)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.