Small World: Realms» Forums » General

Subject: how do i adapt the maps if i have only Underground? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I read some review before purchasing the expansion and it seemed that every scenario could be used also for Underground.

Unfrtunately simply flipping the tiles on the underground side doesn't result in a map depicted in the scenario book (2 terrain type adjecent to each other, different terrain ratio etc).

How am i suppose to adapt it? can I?

- i thought about the option of leaving the map on the "base game" side and associating the terrain with its underground counterparts: forest=muchroom forst, plan = mud. I am not sure the map would break this way?

moreover where do i put the chasm for the spiderines or the vulcano?

i am afraid i made the wrong purchase shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panon Stormcrow
Brazil
flag msg tools
Just adapt the map any way you see fit, or create your own (you can eighter use the rules of a scenario you liked or create entirely new rules). This expansion is more a tool's kit for you to create different experiences for SmallWorld. I see the scenarios the game provided as nothing more then inspiration hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Magalhães
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask you what were you looking for in this expansion and how many players you usually play SWU?

Dungeonlord wrote:
Moreover where do i put the chasm for the spiderines or the vulcano?

From the SWU Faqs:

Q. How to play Flames in SW?
A. Flames must be used with a volcano. They may take ANY mountain region as their first conquest (spending the necessary number of tokens) then place the volcano on it and apply normal Flames rules. The volcano region is immune as long as the Flames are active.

Q. How to play Spiderines in SW?
A. Play Spiderines as an "Underworld" Race: conquer any Cavern Region at 1 less token
than usual. All Regions with a Cavern are considered adjacent. "Underworld Spiderines" would be useless and their Special Power may be replaced with some other Power in this case.

The terrain equivalence between SW & SWU is:

Black Mountain/Mountain Regions
Muddy/Marsh Regions
Mushroom Forest/Forest Regions
Mining/Mine symbol Regions
Mystic Crystals/Magic symbol Regions

Dungeonlord wrote:
Unfrtunately simply flipping the tiles on the underground side doesn't result in a map depicted in the scenario book (2 terrain type adjacent to each other, different terrain ratio etc)

Personally I haven't tried adapt SW scenarios to SWU; but I will give it a try when a have some time and post pictures here.

Scenario 1 (2p) - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qBBhjGgZ5_TbZ27GhWoOvQUGqg...

Scenario 1 (3p) - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HlRsMwY4E4IOXNExbsxQJKwO3X...

Scenario 1 (4p) - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tvOdJoBL2gyTwRpQOmz2-yFTA8...

Dungeonlord wrote:
How am i suppose to adapt it? can I?

You adapt it by being creative. That is why they provided some places/relics without rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.