Emma Brice
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Bit confused about card 227....

Spoiler (click to reveal)
we opened crate 8 to unlock rule 16 and the cat card 227. I this is in the “various” section of the legend. I’m not exactly sure who is supposed to gain card 227. Is this the person that opened crate 8 or is this the “reference card” mentioned in rule 16. Can anyone shed light on this for me please? I assumed the person that opened the crate got the card but wanted to check. There doesn’t seem to be a way of gaining minions either...im assuming those come later in another unlock and it will be clearer a) how you gain a cat and b) who can gain cats.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is the reference card--please place it in the general supply and place all cat minion tokens on top of it (except for the token gained by the player who unlocked this crate). When you unlocked this crate, you should have unlocked the cat cafe building card--it's at that building where any player can obtain cats. You can also gain a minion at the beginning of games if you've completed the glory bonus (see your charter chest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional question along this line: Where the heck are the cat minions kept? We found them in box "iv" because we went searching. Did we miss the instruction that points us to box "iv"? Where?
Edit: to clarify my post - While I was posting question 1, another player said, "I found them! Box iv!" Ergo the question "where" then saying, "we found them."
jameystegmaier wrote:
The card is the reference card--please place it in the general supply and place all cat minion tokens on top of it (except for the token gained by the player who unlocked this crate). When you unlocked this crate, you should have unlocked the cat cafe building card--it's at that building where any player can obtain cats. You can also gain a minion at the beginning of games if you've completed the glory bonus (see your charter chest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean: Sure, on the far right column of the Index Guide next to the corresponding crate, you can see the letters "iv" (they're in the "Tuckboxes" column).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha. Thank you! Yep. (That's probably good to know for future crates isn't it?)
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sean: Sure, on the far right column of the Index Guide next to the corresponding crate, you can see the letters "iv" (they're in the "Tuckboxes" column).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Brice
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks Jamey. Will go looking for the cat cafe then and see what i did wrong when i was pulling out cards. You’re a star

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! You're looking for crate 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razvan Rizea
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Jamey, love the game so far. I finished game 3 and I'm still confused about these reference cards.

Each have an ability at the bottom. How it is triggered? And who benefits? The player that unlocked it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reference cards tell you what its abilities are. The rules sticker tells you how they work in general.
The person that owns it benefits.

Minions are workers that can only be placed on unoccupied buildings in your own charter. In exchange for these restrictions, they also gain an extra benefit when used.
Minions are not bumped when another worker is placed on their building, but if it's an opponent's worker they gain their extra benefit again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin! Razvan, does that answer your question? Make sure you extracted the corresponding minion tokens from tuckbox iv when you unlocked the crate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razvan Rizea
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. Got it now. Thank you for the quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.