Warstones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leena's ability, how does it work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I have a question about Leena ability. I don't understand if I got it wrong or what.

It can save one unit every round, the result is that it can conquer towers without loosing any unit and/or save herself becoming completely immortal.

I think I understood it wrong, but I don't understand how it should work, could someone explain it to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Dumas
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello Michele,

I don't have the card in front of me right now, but if I'm not wrong, Leena's ability works during an ATTACK.
This means that you can't use it after a siege. Attack and Besiege are two different abilities.

In warstones the WORDING is really important, like in other card/war game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Federico,

that was actually my first idea, but the wording (i have the italian version) is: "Salvataggio: Quando un'altra unità che controlli viene distrutta, puoi voltare questa unità per prevenire quella distruzione." and, on the lato Ombra (shadow side?) it is "Ritirata: Se un'altra unità Umano che controlli sta per essere distrutta, puoi invece spostarla in un settore adiacente non diagonale (limite una volta per round)."

So yeah, my idea was only during an attack, but it is not written on the card (and neither on the extended description of the cards)

Thanks for your time!

(one extra question: would it be possible to have a pdf of the player aids in english? I speak italian so it is not too much of a problem, but I want to play with people who don't, so I need an english version. Worst case scenario I make it myself)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Dumas
Italy
flag msg tools
Ok, I checked the card. The effect apply also to siege actions.

So, yes, you can "save" one unit also during siege.

Sorry for my first reply, but I didn't get the point. Leena is a good commander for human armies, but the point is just to kill her if she becomes a real threat.

About the PDF aid, please send an email to clienti@redglove.eu and ask for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
then my question becomes: can she save herself?

in several games I had the problem was that it was pointless to attack (she would save herself) and that player was able to get points "for free" (without loosing any unit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, she can't save herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Andrea! this solves my problem with her!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.