France '40» Forums » Rules

Subject: ports and Belgian surrender? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Kouba

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
When Belgium surrenders, do Ostend and Brugge automatically become German controlled? Or does a German unit need to move through those spaces to become German controlled?

(it matters for purposes of denying ports the Allies can trace supply too...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I take my hat off to you for playing Dynamo, definitely and somewhat undeservedly the lesser sister of the games in the box. You ask a fair question, and I don't think the rules exactly say.

Given this, you might want to ask at Consimworld, where Mark Simonitch is often seen to give his official opinion. The link to the France '40 forum is: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@@.1dd6f8fa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Spetz

Tampa Bay Area -Pinellas County
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you’re on Facebook, look for the group ZOC Bond. The designer posts there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are very clear on control, but you only really need it for cities.

From 18.3...

All City hexes are controlled (friendly) to the Allied player unless a German unit occupies it or was the last to pass through the City hex. Indicate German controlled Cities with a German control marker.

It’s in the supply line section, so a little difficult to find. Thank goodness for PDFs and text searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.