Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Catacombs & Castles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Integrating Shield and Ice shots across games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused about what happens with Shield and Ice shots when you start mixing components from base Catacombs and Catacombs & Castles. I've tried finding my answers in the integration guide (draft 5) but I'm still not quite sure. I believe it is as follows but correct me if I'm wrong:

-Ice shot: if you bring orange Ice shots over from Castles to Catacombs, they act just the same (page 10 under "Shots"). If you bring the blue Ice shot from Catacombs over to Castles, it says you can choose what it becomes? (page 2 under "Shots")

-Shield shots:
if the character is from Catacombs, he shoots his shield first like and missile, does the rest of his movement, and then places the shield within 1 inch of him (pushing not allowed). If the character is from Castles, you remove any existing shields from the board, do the rest of your movement, and put your shield down within 1 inch (pushing allowed)

I find it weird since it's not consistent across the games, and it confuses players, that's why I'm asking.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nenananas wrote:
I am a little confused about what happens with Shield and Ice shots when you start mixing components from base Catacombs and Catacombs & Castles. I've tried finding my answers in the integration guide (draft 5) but I'm still not quite sure. I believe it is as follows but correct me if I'm wrong:

-Ice shot: if you bring orange Ice shots over from Castles to Catacombs, they act just the same (page 10 under "Shots"). If you bring the blue Ice shot from Catacombs over to Castles, it says you can choose what it becomes? (page 2 under "Shots")

-Shield shots:
if the character is from Catacombs, he shoots his shield first like and missile, does the rest of his movement, and then places the shield within 1 inch of him (pushing not allowed). If the character is from Castles, you remove any existing shields from the board, do the rest of your movement, and put your shield down within 1 inch (pushing allowed)

I find it weird since it's not consistent across the games, and it confuses players, that's why I'm asking.


1. I will review the wording in the Integration Guide (which is now at v1.1 BTW), but my intention with the ice shot was for it to be interchangeable between the two games. There is one exception for the Ice Princess as noted in the latest version of the Guide.

2. The way you describe the differences between the two games is correct.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Speaking of Integration Guide, The Raven Empress (page 39 v1.1) says she summons the Flame Antient while it shows the picture of the rock/earth one, might update that one as well once a new version comes.

Also, I'm not backer, but I'd love to find a community to talk with about the game (which I ranked my favorite of all time!), I'm sure you know of some places?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Life is not a game - games are life.
badge
You learn more about a person in an hour of gaming than you do in a year of conversation.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nenananas wrote:
I'd love to find a community to talk with about the game (which I ranked my favorite of all time!), I'm sure you know of some places?

BGG, of course!

There's also the Elzra.com forums: https://elzra.com/community.html

meeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nenananas wrote:
Thanks!

Speaking of Integration Guide, The Raven Empress (page 39 v1.1) says she summons the Flame Antient while it shows the picture of the rock/earth one, might update that one as well once a new version comes.

Also, I'm not backer, but I'd love to find a community to talk with about the game (which I ranked my favorite of all time!), I'm sure you know of some places?


Glad to hear you are enjoying playing the Castles game. I will get that issue on page 39 of the Integration Guide correction. Thank you for pointing it out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.