Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: SO expansions are all KS exclusive now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mbmbmb
I really wanted to pick up the poseidon expansion but no way im paying what people are asking for on ebay! Has there been any official word about what they are gonna do with this game after the shipping is all done?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If i recall the KS campaign correctly, there were only a few minis in each expansion, which were KS exclusive.

If you can live without those few exclusive minis, i'd wait for the retail release of the expansions (if they are handled in the same way as for Conan, there should be some time between the release of the base set and the expansions).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mbmbmb
yeah im not so worried about the exclusives that where in the KS, i heard rumors that this wont be supported in stores at all! thats what im worried about, really i just looking to get that posidon expansion! that model is to awesome!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t believe they are going to sell anything via retail.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game isn’t going to stores in the traditional sense. Mythic Games wants to be able to get the game to a web store, which in turn might allow retail stores to order it for you. But nobody has the full details on what is going to happen at this point.

There should be another KSer in 2019 for the next set: Ragnarok. I’m willing to bet that they will put all the Pantheon expansions as add-ons.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game isn’t going to retail, confirmed by Monolith.

I think they knew this very early on as the KS exclusive mini included with each big-box addon is not a separate item but was manufactured into the box. That and the Rise if the Titans box art showed the “exclusive” Titan Enceladus on the front.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
The game isn’t going to retail, confirmed by Monolith.

I think they knew this very early on as the KS exclusive mini included with each big-box addon is not a separate item but was manufactured into the box. That and the Rise if the Titans box art showed the “exclusive” Titan Enceladus on the front.


If they set up a web store, I know some retail stores that will order from a web store for their customers. They can sometimes arrange better shipping deals. Isn’t cheap of course.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kosmoko wrote:
If i recall the KS campaign correctly, there were only a few minis in each expansion, which were KS exclusive.


Had to check the KS page to remind myself which minis were KS exclusive. I only bought the Hera expansion so I'll have the Stymphalian Birds. Not really phased about missing out on Mechanical Warriors (Hephaestus) or Periphetes (Poseidon).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading this, all I can say is ... Crap. shakecry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now gonna treat all KSers as never going to retail. I would say that the vast majority of the KSer I back never actually see a store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me with the disappointed. I bought the base game but didnt get any expansions because i didnt have the cash at the time, figuring i could get them later.

I really wish Monolith would be up front and tell us what their plans are, since I am seeing ALOT of complaints about the expansions not being available.

I know they said it wont go to retail, but they have been mum on telling us if they were going to make any effort to help with the expansions.

Obviously, alot of this has to do with how well the game is received, and so far reviews are very positive, so thats encouraging.

Please Monolith, be more up front and let us know your plans!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Count me with the disappointed. I bought the base game but didnt get any expansions because i didnt have the cash at the time, figuring i could get them later.

I really wish Monolith would be up front and tell us what their plans are, since I am seeing ALOT of complaints about the expansions not being available.

I know they said it wont go to retail, but they have been mum on telling us if they were going to make any effort to help with the expansions.

Obviously, alot of this has to do with how well the game is received, and so far reviews are very positive, so thats encouraging.

Please Monolith, be more up front and let us know your plans!


At the time I don’t think they knew they weren’t going to release it via retail. I think poor Conan retail sales and distributors up charging at rediculous percentages caused them to make the decision after the KS ended.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sorry - didn't know, that Monolith changed their minds and thanks for the information, that MB won't hit retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know..nothing is going to retail.but,there may be some stuff extra after deliveries etc.but,again nothing is certain.but it is generally acknowledged that,the game is fully KS exclusive.and even if they were to change their mind on this.it would be a couple of years minimum before it even got started with the things they already have in the pipeline.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Dang, well I’m glad I went all in. Such an odd decision on not making it available. Might have to see how high the price goes on this before I break the plastic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Conan did poorly at retail because people didn’t want the product without the KSE. Then Gloomhaven has a very successful relaunch campaign, which probably prompted the to do a no retail model.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skies wrote:
Conan did poorly at retail because people didn’t want the product without the KSE.

Can you prove that?

Because it sure looked like the problem was poorly written rules and a high price point combined with Asmodee limiting OLGS's to a 15% discount. Plus other games with KSEs have sold well and Conan's KSE's can't be substituted in but required extra scenarios to be written making them less enticing.

It's also worth noting the pledge plus the 6 KSE expansions were regularly going for $300-$350 on ebay - which was less than retail price if all that content had gone to retail (less than the 15% OLGS discount as well).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Steward has some stuff available, including 1 Deluxe Storage Box which I know a lot of people were wanting.

https://www.thegamesteward.com/collections/mythic-battles-pa...

Get it while you can!

Not much for expansions sadly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
skies wrote:
Conan did poorly at retail because people didn’t want the product without the KSE.

Can you prove that?

Because it sure looked like the problem was poorly written rules and a high price point combined with Asmodee limiting OLGS's to a 15% discount. Plus other games with KSEs have sold well and Conan's KSE's can't be substituted in but required extra scenarios to be written making them less enticing.



IMO, the fact they the KSEs have extra scenarios makes them more enticing. There's 50+ official Conan scenarios and they're all different and varied enough to make them interesting and worth playing. Contrast that to Z:BP, which has about 30 official scenarios that are all basically the same.

I sometimes wonder if people who keep comparing Conan's KSEs to CMON's have even really played Conan more than a handful of times.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Mandor wrote:
skies wrote:
Conan did poorly at retail because people didn’t want the product without the KSE.

Can you prove that?

Because it sure looked like the problem was poorly written rules and a high price point combined with Asmodee limiting OLGS's to a 15% discount. Plus other games with KSEs have sold well and Conan's KSE's can't be substituted in but required extra scenarios to be written making them less enticing.



IMO, the fact they the KSEs have extra scenarios makes them more enticing. There's 50+ official Conan scenarios and they're all different and varied enough to make them interesting and worth playing. Contrast that to Z:BP, which has about 30 official scenarios that are all basically the same.

I sometimes wonder if people who keep comparing Conan's KSEs to CMON's have even really played Conan more than a handful of times.

We're going off on a bit of a tangent...

But weren't those official scenarios using the KSEs slowly posted over time? When Conan shipped we received the booklet for scenarios for the Kings' pledge contents, but the rest of the KSE's weren't usable causing backers to complain as they couldn't be substituted into existing scenarios (no point value system as many were expecting) and there were not scenarios to use most of them. So at the time Conan was failing at retail, the KSEs had little use.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
Mandor wrote:
skies wrote:
Conan did poorly at retail because people didn’t want the product without the KSE.

Can you prove that?

Because it sure looked like the problem was poorly written rules and a high price point combined with Asmodee limiting OLGS's to a 15% discount. Plus other games with KSEs have sold well and Conan's KSE's can't be substituted in but required extra scenarios to be written making them less enticing.



IMO, the fact they the KSEs have extra scenarios makes them more enticing. There's 50+ official Conan scenarios and they're all different and varied enough to make them interesting and worth playing. Contrast that to Z:BP, which has about 30 official scenarios that are all basically the same.

I sometimes wonder if people who keep comparing Conan's KSEs to CMON's have even really played Conan more than a handful of times.

We're going off on a bit of a tangent...

But weren't those official scenarios using the KSEs slowly posted over time? When Conan shipped we received the booklet for scenarios for the Kings' pledge contents, but the rest of the KSE's weren't usable causing backers to complain as they couldn't be substituted into existing scenarios (no point value system as many were expecting) and there were not scenarios to use most of them. So at the time Conan was failing at retail, the KSEs had little use.


Yes, I suppose that’s true. You’re right. At the time of release, the KSEs and SGs were mostly useless. I guess I forget about that fact because I’m apparently one of the few that wasn’t bothered by the lack of a point system and was swapping characters left and right. I think by our third game I just replaced Hadrathus with Pelias and Shevatas with Savage Belit and we had a great time. So, I tend to forget that those minis were useless for the majority of players. laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Moravec
Czech Republic
Praha 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Ive heard that there will be probably KS reprint later on. After last delivery which they expect later on January. I believe that there will be more info then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.