Subject: card misprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vangelis Ntzoidos
Greece
Lamia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i played the game two days ago and i found that probably the Perdition's Rod card has a misprint.The card says "Remove 1 creature from the board. All players must roll 1 Combat die: those who roll a Miss die.One use only." i think i need a clarification with this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martinus Curiosus
msg tools
mb
I'm just a random nobody with no links to the creators but, yeah, you're right: in a literally correct way it has obviously to be something along the lines: "Remove 1 creature from the board. Roll a combat die for each character on the board: those who roll a Miss die. One use only."

As it is now we can only hope that it have to be the characters, not the players who will die. What a dangerous error. Well spotted.

Further clarifications, just in case:
- You may select and remove any one of the creatures on the board (a creature, not a boss!).
- A combat dice roll is considered a miss if a skull shows. Thus, the risk for playing this card is to probably loose one or perhaps even all characters.
- One use only: Use this card only one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This card was designed so that each player rolls 1 die, and if any combat die shows a miss, then his/her character dies. This way, it's funnier and more exciting
However, you're right: the card could be explained better, as we don't want the players to die (only their characters)

Thanks,
Marc
-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martinus Curiosus
msg tools
mb
Hey Marc,
good to see you well. Many thanks for this awesome game. Imho, it makes several things better than other games in the same genre. A real shame that it won't hit retail. Could you please take another look at the FAQ threads when you have some time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.