5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: New to Beaverton/Aloha/Hillsboro OR area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Tilgner
msg tools
mb
Hi all. I'm new to the area (living in Aloha, so I'm close to either town) and am looking for a group to play with. You can get an idea of what games I like by my collection, which is mostly updated minus a few small card games here and there.

I would like to be part of a regular/semi-regular group. I'm big on strategy and deduction games, but I'll play anything from Terror in Meeple City to Trajan. I can easily host up to 8 people at my house, as I built a gaming table to fit that many.

Hopefully there is a group looking for another person that I can fit into! Or if anyone else is in a similar situation we can get together and try to start our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

Some years ago I used to frequent that area of Oregon for business. There was a great store in Aloha on Tualatin Valley Highway called Rainy Day Games. They Had a nice selection of games and a decent play area. I am sure you could find a group through them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dakota Gardner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

I'm in a similar situation and recently started a group you are welcome to join. Currently it is myself and 1 other as regulars with up to 3 more occasional players. Feel free to send me a message if you're interested.

Also rainy day games and runeandboard are good stores in the area with regular open board gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100% agree with Rainy Day Games which is right in your neighborhood. IIRC they have a "board game day" meetup-type thing every other Sunday. Aside from that, I know there are a few actual Meetup.com groups, and a PDX guild here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baird Knockboots
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Daniel/Dakota,

My apologies for reviving an older thread but I'm fairly new to the Portland area and was looking to be part of a semi-regular gaming group, especially during the late fall/winter/early spring months. I like to play most games with some partiality towards midweight Euros but am open to trying out other genres without reservations. Some favorites are Castles of Burgundy, Castles of Mad King Ludwig and Catan: Cities & Knights in addition to lighter classics like Hanabi, Citadels & Splendor.

My main goal is to have a reliable group of people to play games with in this area, without having to worry about attending Meetup events which could be hit-or-miss at times. I live in Hillsboro and have no issues driving to either Beaverton or Aloha (even Portland depending on time of day).

If you guys did end up getting together as a group as was discussed above, would there be space for one more (and perhaps the wife if I can convince her) at your next session? Please send me a direct message if so and I will be happy to find out more. Thank you and I appreciate your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.