Subject: How do you count boats in this scenario? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
If you have red and blue players. Red player has a tributary with 3 boats and blue has a tributary with 1 boat. A piece is played by red to join the two tributaries. I understand that red now counts 1 boat plus 1 boat move for the piece played to join that he didn't put a meeple on and that yellow gets 3 boat moves for the joining. After this red starts another tributary with 2 boats and manages to join it into the previous one (owned by red and yellow). Does red get all of the boat moves again (3 + 1) that existed in that tributary and does yellow get any new ones in the new tributary (2 boats)?

Thank you,

Linda
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Red, blue and yellow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
Oops just red and yellow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmbmbmb
shore_pk wrote:
If you have red and blue players. Red player has a tributary with 3 boats and blue has a tributary with 1 boat. A piece is played by red to join the two tributaries. I understand that red now counts 1 boat plus 1 boat move for the piece played to join that he didn't put a meeple on and that yellow gets 3 boat moves for the joining. After this red starts another tributary with 2 boats and manages to join it into the previous one (owned by red and yellow). Does red get all of the boat moves again (3 + 1) that existed in that tributary and does yellow get any new ones in the new tributary (2 boats)?

Thank you,

Linda

Rules are extremely sloppy on this particular situation. I'd say that you don't score again the boat icons you've already scored, in the same way if you enter a second meeple in any feature, you don't get twice the bonus, and so on. Additionally, the impact of the Amazon river on the endgame result is already big enough to be in need for situations that expand even more on this.

But this is just my reading of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct Julia, my understanding is boats on the tributaries are only scored one time meaning if the boats on the left side were scored once, and the boats on the right side were scored once, only the new boat will be scored for any and all meeples on the water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
There is an example in the rule book showing differently...if i remember right...don't have it right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
shore_pk wrote:

Thank you,

Linda

Rules are extremely sloppy on this particular situation. I'd say that you don't score again the boat icons you've already scored, in the same way if you enter a second meeple in any feature, you don't get twice the bonus, and so on. Additionally, the impact of the Amazon river on the endgame result is already big enough to be in need for situations that expand even more on this.

But this is just my reading of course

It's clarified on page 7. Problem with this rule is that it's spread over three pages: top of page 4, bottom of page 5 and top of page 7.

The example at the top of page 7 clarifies this situation:

"First, Boat icons are applied: your meeple is now connected to 2 new Boat icons, you advance your boat 3 spaces (2 Boat icons and no placed piece). Blue advances 1 step (only 1 new icon)."

so you only get to advance based on any new icons you trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Clementz
msg tools
Yes, but I would say 'new to you'. In the example, red also counted the icon that was already used by blue on a previous tile placement, so I wouldn't technically call it 'new'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Punk0 wrote:
Yes, but I would say 'new to you'. In the example, red also counted the icon that was already used by blue on a previous tile placement, so I wouldn't technically call it 'new'.

Well yes sure, and this is made clear by the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.