Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Queller Bot for War of the Ring
badge
Nothing kills a solo session like a long setup time
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that only 50% of the players need to declare the house clear, it seems that if the two parasites find one another then it's a very easy win right there.

I'm just wondering if that's something that's supposed to be accepted? I thought I better check I understood it right first, and then might try a variant where only real people can initiate a call on the house being clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seckin
Turkey
Besiktas
─░stanbul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:
Quote:
If your Character is a Parasite, you want time to run out before all Parasites (including the Character in front of you!) has been eradicated. You'd prefer no one died, ESPECIALLY your close personal Parasite friend, but better you kill a fellow Parasite than look suspicious.

So if I understand your question right, Parasites do not win when it's revealed all the characters in the middle of the table are not real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Queller Bot for War of the Ring
badge
Nothing kills a solo session like a long setup time
mbmbmbmbmb
seckind wrote:
The rules state:
Quote:
If your Character is a Parasite, you want time to run out before all Parasites (including the Character in front of you!) has been eradicated. You'd prefer no one died, ESPECIALLY your close personal Parasite friend, but better you kill a fellow Parasite than look suspicious.

So if I understand your question right, Parasites do not win when it's revealed all the characters in the middle of the table are not real.

The OBJECTIVE part of the rules, page 4, says otherwise.

"If the game ends (because no one declared all Parasites eradicated and time ran out), or the players choose to end the game by declaration, reveal the Identity card of each Character in the middle of the table. If you reveal any Parasites, all Parasite players win!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quitch wrote:
Given that only 50% of the players need to declare the house clear, it seems that if the two parasites find one another then it's a very easy win right there.

I'm just wondering if that's something that's supposed to be accepted? I thought I better check I understood it right first, and then might try a variant where only real people can initiate a call on the house being clear.

I interpret, as with most co-ops, that the object is to play against and beat the game. All players should ultimately want to beat the game, but if they have a parasite, they're a sort of temporary traitor forced into helping the game win.

In this way, when parasites win, the game wins, which in turn means all of the players actually lost.

Allowing ONLY reals to initiate Declaration nerfs the difficulty. I wouldn't do that because challenging co-op games simply aren't meant to be won all the time, or even often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.