BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Bumped by a Congresswoman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/teacher-claims-united-booted...

Two things about this story that are concerning. One, is that the woman may have been bumped by a Congresswoman, with many seats remaining on the plane (the plane was not full). And two, the Congresswoman is flying first class, so I'd be curious to know if that travel was for personal reasons, or government business. And if government business, what's wrong with Coach, like most of the common folk?

But it's stories like this, that tend to make Congress unpopular. It wreaks of entitlement, if indeed it's true. But the woman appears to be very credible, and seems to back up her story with paperwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
You want suspicion, I'm suspicious that a man claiming to be a Texas congressman is quoted in this piece bad-mouthing Jackson Lee (how does HE know why this passenger was bumped?), yet his name is not given...

Just to say, this looks funny. I'll suspend judgment pending more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.