Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rebel Shield Generator in Rise of the Empire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gavin Darklighter
msg tools
I couldn’t find any rules about how the Rebel Shield Generator is used in the new Rise of the Empire combat system. From the wording, I assume that means during ground combat the Rebel player can reveal two ground combat cards per combat round? Is this correct? If not what is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

I promise the rules are there since I've seen multiple people talking about them.

You get a combat card back from your discard. I don't actually know precisely how it works. But there's a starting point for you to look for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Darklighter
msg tools
Ok cool thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
Playing expansion ( named advanced ) tactic cards, you play a card every round. Played cards go to the discard deck untill all 8 cards are played, at which moment you get back all cards except for the last played.

This means in a typical game you get to play each card 2 or 3 times maximum.

The shield generator allows you to take back any card from the discard pile each round, effectivly allowing you to play any card, every round.

You still only get to play 1 card, but you can pick the card that hurts the empire the most ( typically tow cables )

Very strong aspect in practice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It only works for ground cards, one per shield generator.

It's particularly good in that you pick up the card each round before you have to select which card to play. So you can choose the same card over and over during the battle, or change it and keep the Empire guessing what you are going to hit them with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.