Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might seem a silly question, but is Justin allowed to use a blocked space?

His personality trait says "Blocks all open spaces at a Location when using it."

Clearly I am not allowed to use any such blocked spaces. But what about Justin? I have been playing it that the blocking effect only applies to me and that he is allowed to play on these blocked spaces. This means that if he goes first he will spend the first three turns on the Producer, converting 3 mints to 6 mints. But that leaves me free to get in first with the useful stuff further down the column, maybe taking a couple of cheap plans (using Supplier) which means Justin can't take any plans at all this round.

It would play very differently if neither of us could return to the Producer, Builder or Supplier once Justin had been there. Admittedly Justin would lose out on being able to take two plans or build two buildings in a round. But he would be much quicker off the mark in stopping me from going there at all. I've not played it this way and I'm curious as to whether it would make it easier or harder for me to win against Justin.

So what was the intent of his personality trait? Just to block me, or to block the space so that neither of us could use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blocked means blocked for everyone, not just you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
Blocked means blocked for everyone, not just you.

OK, thanks. That means I need to try against Justin again. This time with the intended rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.