Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Sorry, yet another question. Unfortunately, the more I play and read, the less confident I get in the wording of the rules.

For the Govern phase, the rules state:

N&P rules wrote:
Each round begins with the 1st player choosing a world and carrying out various actions from the sequence: Revenue, Build Towns and Cities, Sail Back.

This would suggest that the actions must be done in that order, i.e. you may raise revenue, then spend it on building, then sail back. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is due to wording for the Pirate token in the Planck solo rules:

Planck Pirates wrote:
Place this benefit on the compass of the New World which will generate most revenue for the Soloist (prior to any building)

This would imply that the solo player could build a building, then raise revenue. This would be out of sequence, per the normal rules.

So, are they sequential, or not?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, thinking about it more, I believe what is intended is that the actions ARE done in sequence, but that not all of the revenue may be available for Planck to steal, as some of it could be used for building AFTER revenue. I had interpreted it as referring to the fact that even more revenue could have been raised, but see it is actually probably the opposite.

It would be good to get confirmation of this, though.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.