Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Koulouriotis
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey All! *wave*

I just bought AH:TCG today and I am excited to start playing, after all, I loved Elder Sign, and this game has gotten nothing but good reviews, so, hell, why not?

Then I was driving home and I remembered what happened to my Elder Sign cards and my EPIC Tiny Galaxies cards....they all curved. Elder Sign's cards were wrapped so tightly that they had a slight curve to them, but when I opened them, by the time I put them away, they were noticeably curving. Same happed with my ETG cards, all curved. I sit here looking at my unopened treasure, afraid to witness the same thing.
(an aside: I bought Exploding Kittens as well and am worried about the same thing)

Has this happened to anyone? Any solutions that work to flatten them? Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Xela Koul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have purchased everything as it became available and have seen no 'curving' cards.

Really sorry to hear about your past experiences.

Edit: After reading the responses below, I should say that I live in very low-humidity Southern California.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the card curving you are describing is actually due to humidity change from where they were packaged to where they were opened. When this happens, I just flatten them with a few heavy game boxes over night and it usually fixes the issue. For AH:CG, I sleeve them right away and thus have not had an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Garvens
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
OW!
badge
Suuuuuuuperrrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, in my experience it's a humidity issue as well. Although I'm not sure if it has to do with humidity differences, I just know that I have a friend who lives in a very humid part of Japan and their cards all warp horribly.

And yeah, pressure tends to fix them. Just put some heavy books or something on them and they should flatten out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.