Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From a thematic/lore/story perspective, why do bad things that make it to The Root increase threat? Why do those bad things just disappear at that point? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
From a thematic/lore/story perspective, why do bad things that make it to The Root increase threat? Why do those bad things just disappear at that point? Just curious.

To the Moon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

To the Moon!

That's a thought I had. That bad things roll up the beanstalk and become someone else's problem and as it threatens the main access to space, alarms the feds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are a super rich owner of a mega company that runs New Angeles. The root is where you, your families and your board exist. Riots there might just overthrow the government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
You are a super rich owner of a mega company that runs New Angeles. The root is where you, your families and your board exist. Riots there might just overthrow the government.

I was under the impression that Threat is the federal government collecting excuses to come in and take over, but I suppose it could also express flagging CEO confidence in their ability to manage NA without government interference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Root is absolutely critical to the global economy. A threat to the Root spilling over from a poorly managed city is the perfect excuse for the government to come in and impose order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is obviously the root of the beanstalk as that exists in Android: The Board Game and Android: Netrunner (and probably the spin-off novels).

But I didn't get the theme either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.