Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Innovation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do opponents know the order cards are returned? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Welch
United States
flag msg tools
Say I return two 5's. Does my opponent get to see which card is returned first?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not unless it says reveal (which I don't think anything does).

So, no, your opponent does not get to see cards you return from your hand or score pile. (If they are off your board, they should see them)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Most returning is from your hand or score pile, both of which are secret to other players.

Alchemy and physics have you draw and reveal cards - and then conditionally return them and cards in your hand.

You return the order of return. I suppose that other players would see when the revealed cards are returned (relative to your hand cards) but would not see your hand cards.

Electricity may have you return a set of top cards. Since these are open, I would guess that opponents would see what is returned and in what order.

Skyscrapers has you return the lower cards of a particular color. Since they are not top cards, I would guess that opponents cannot see them as they are returned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Skyscrapers has you return the lower cards of a particular color. Since they are not top cards, I would guess that opponents cannot see them as they are returned.


All melded cards, top or otherwise are open knowledge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:
gillum wrote:
Skyscrapers has you return the lower cards of a particular color. Since they are not top cards, I would guess that opponents cannot see them as they are returned.


All melded cards, top or otherwise are open knowledge.

IIRC, they are not. Only the top cards are. The others were open knowledge when they went on the table, but if they have since been covered, then they are closed info.

I believe the ruling was that you can look through your stack of a certain colour, but nobody else can ask you what the next card down in your stack is, for example.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The official FAQ says, "You can look at anything on your board except for the achievement cards. For opponent’s boards, you can only examine top cards and splayed icons."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
The official FAQ says, "You can look at anything on your board except for the achievement cards. For opponent’s boards, you can only examine top cards and splayed icons."


I guess its just a preference than. Unless its a mechanic I despise games that expect you to have photographic memory.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:
gillum wrote:
The official FAQ says, "You can look at anything on your board except for the achievement cards. For opponent’s boards, you can only examine top cards and splayed icons."

I guess its just a preference than. Unless its a mechanic I despise games that expect you to have photographic memory.

How can it be a preference if its a rule in the FAQ?

Obviously, you and your opponent(s) can play the game anyway that you all agree to...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.