Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JMJimmy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Does Mining Guild give +1 Steel Production for each bonus when placing on a +2 Steel/Titanium bonus?

We've treated this as +2

2) Do Protected Valley + Mangrove Forest give +1 or +2 oxygen/TR? ie: "Place a tile on an area ..." the rules say play it as normal (+1 oxygen +1 TR) ", and increase oxygen 1 step" - is this a 2nd oxygen/TR?

We've treated these as +1 because there's no separate oxygen symbol on the cards

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) It's always +1 production of the appropriate metal.

2) The cards that place greeneries don't give you an extra oxygen. The text is just there as a reminder that all greeneries come with an oxygen raise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
JMJimmy wrote:
1) Does Mining Guild give +1 Steel Production for each bonus when placing on a +2 Steel/Titanium bonus?

We've treated this as +2

2) Do Protected Valley + Mangrove Forest give +1 or +2 oxygen/TR? ie: "Place a tile on an area ..." the rules say play it as normal (+1 oxygen +1 TR) ", and increase oxygen 1 step" - is this a 2nd oxygen/TR?

We've treated these as +1 because there's no separate oxygen symbol on the cards

Thanks!
The way I read it you get a +1 steel production bump every time you collect a steel or titanium bonus, regardless of the value of the bonus. And, you treated the PV/MS cards correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
JMJimmy wrote:

We've treated this as +2

Designer has answered this questions here (hint: it's +1):

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24134396#24134396
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to know about number two. The cards have been pretty good until now . . . now I get to second guess them all. Yay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
JMJimmy wrote:
1)

Thanks!

This question was answered by one of the brothers here (hint: you played it right):

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26792489#26792489
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff0 wrote:
1) It's always +1 production of the appropriate metal...
Nope, just steel regardless of the bonus that triggers it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! For some reason I thought he was asking about Mining Rights/Area. I need a nap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.