'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siren says damage cannot be reduced. Half plate armor can reduce all damage (if banished). So half plate armor is not effective to reduce damage from a siren?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, 'Cannot' always overrides 'can'. The 'all damage' for half-plate is simply referring to the damage not being limited by type, such as Combat or Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The golden rule near the front of the rulebook says that if one card says you can do something, and another card says you can't, you have to obey the card that says you can't.

So the Siren trumps the armor. There is no way to reduce the Siren's damage.

UPDATE: I was interrupted writing my post and really did take 20 minute to post it. Really delayed ninja.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
The golden rule near the front of the rulebook says that if one card says you can do something, and another card says you can't, you have to obey the card that says you can't.

Thank you. I thought there was a blanket statement, but I was looking in the wrong places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.