Subject: Does GMT have an end of year sale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Cizmar
Canada
Summerland
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I seem to remember GMT offering games at 50% off if you were a P500 person. Was that at the end of the year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

From the GMT Dec 18th Newsletter:

"Update on the Systems Transition

Last month I told you guys that we might be ready to launch the new website and systems right after Christmas. Well, we've made a ton of progress in the intervening month, but I've decided that it doesn't really make much sense to launch the new site during the holiday season, when our access to key team members and external support is going to be limited.

So, instead, our online teams are all going to get good and rested over the holidays, then work final details in early January, with an eye to launching our new systems shortly thereafter. Thanks for your patience through what has been a very difficult process."

-----
I remember reading a month or two ago that they might have a sale once the system transition is complete, so maybe it will be coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They normally have a Fall Sale in November, but they didn't this year because of major IT work they were doing. I think the plan is to give credit for 2017 P500s on their 2018 sale, but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
wernervoss wrote:
They normally have a Fall Sale in November, but they didn't this year because of major IT work they were doing. I think the plan is to give credit for 2017 P500s on their 2018 sale, but I could be wrong.

They also didn't do it last year. They said last year that they would give credit for the 2016 P500's. Time will tell how they handle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen a GMT sale since I've been playing war games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't had a fall sale since 2015.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
billyboy wrote:

And the lack has kept me in limbo, in terms of buying there games -
directly or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dances With Militias
United States
Ethnic Spokanistan
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek Gold to the first poster that can somehow plausibly pin this all on MMP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Dal Bello
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billyboy wrote:

And I don't think I've played any of the games I bought in that sale. That is not good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you guys need to stop buying games, obviously there isn't enough warehouse stock taking up enough room to warrant a sale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AGRAYDAY wrote:
you guys need to stop buying games, obviously there isn't enough warehouse stock taking up enough room to warrant a sale...

And that's how we traditionally pin this to MMP, don't we? GMT's games are easier and cheaper to acquire and get shipped...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DownriverRick wrote:
wernervoss wrote:

They also didn't do it last year. They said last year that they would give credit for the 2016 P500's. Time will tell how they handle it.

I would be very surprised if they didn't handle it with class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually p500 a couple of titles a year, and then pick up one or two more during the sale. Not having a sale the last 2 years has cut down on my acquisitions a bit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for my wallet. Ordering from Canada, the dollar is doing a bit better than last year so it makes it a bit more palatable to buy.

I'm hoping they give credit for the 2016 p500s, even if it's only up to a max of one or two. There's a couple of games I'm looking at, but I kinda need a preset limiter on what I buy, as I hate passing up a deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can totally feel their pain with the system upgrade. My department just did the same over the Christmas weekend after a full year gearing up for it. Insanity. Happily, my part went relatively smoothly for this final phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
CountDeMoney wrote:

Umm...MMP is slick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw MMP hex GMT sales. I guess it's pretty serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LEUNG CHI KEUNG
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all pray that GMT might restart this program in 2018 if many years' system upgrade being successful and it has no more delays....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Wapstra
Netherlands
Steenwijk
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CactusJuice wrote:
CountDeMoney wrote:

Umm...MMP is slick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw MMP hex GMT sales. I guess it's pretty serious.

I heard the same thing.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What if they gave a sale and everything sold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redcap
England
Higham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erickleung wrote:
We all pray that GMT might restart this program in 2018 if many years' system upgrade being successful and it has no more delays....

PLAYING the games I own I find more constructive than PRAYING about games I don't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.