Clank! In! Space!» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game so much and am already dying to get new content for it. In a dream world, what would an expansion for Clank in space look like to you?

In my mind they add new board modules that add a new type of mechanic, and a good set of new cards that feature the new mechanic as well as additional cards that work with the base set but play on additional si-fi tropes.

Possibly some of the new modules would extend outside of the current board area.

Any rumors about expansions from Renegade yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since one of the few complaints that I've heard is that the game can run a bit too long compared to the original, I would love to see a mini-expansion: "Mini" both in the sense that
- it would need just three cardboard tiles and a few rules changes to re-balance for a shorter game.
- it would allow for a smaller game board and shorter games.

Instead of the top layout, you would create one of the two bottom ones:

You would then need to hack either the big module or both of the smaller ones to get the security pass. Interestingly, with just three tiles (two rooms and the new hyperlift) this would allow for 96 layouts, twice as many as even the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting perspective. I tend to feel that the game is a little short if anything, since it takes longer play to really take advantage of the deck building aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Potter
United States
Selah
Washington
flag msg tools
As much as I think they should come out with another whole board setup, I don't think they will. They made it modular for a reason and I think they will give us another modular piece or two for variation. It is possible they will use these boards to introduce a new element to the game. Oh, and I personally think the game is about the right length. If it went much longer it would become sluggish. But I don't think they are going to make it shorter--that is what Clank! is for.

1. I wish that they would "port" over the backpack from regular Clank so that if you get to the treasure room early on you could grab another artifact from Lord Eradikus.

2. Also on my wishlist are crossover faction cards similar to the Triple Agents promo but only for two factions. This would make it easier to trigger the faction benefits without watering the game down too much.

3. I want to see more player interaction in the cards. It exists now on some of the cards but not that many. For example: Draw three cards, everyone else draws one, bots that force other people to add clank, or more ways to force the cubes to be drawn from the bag (like Mr. Wiskers). My one complaint about this game, albeit a minor one, is the shortage of player interaction...which is difficult to build into a deck builder.

4. I wish the escape pods we not all the same points. I would like to see a better get-in and get-out strategy where you can push your luck a little.

Just wishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Chernik
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Since one of the few complaints that I've heard is that the game can run a bit too long compared to the original, I would love to see a mini-expansion: "Mini" both in the sense that
- it would need just three cardboard tiles and a few rules changes to re-balance for a shorter game.
- it would allow for a smaller game board and shorter games

if you want a shorter game i would suggest just only delivering one data cube to gain access to the command module or house-rule that you don't have to stop at checkpoints...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Chernik
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
my expansion wishlist would be:

more module boards
multi-faction cards
a new faction
more market items
maybe a new always-available basic card type that introduces a new mechanic

i also hope they update the app eventually with more solo campaigns as i just finished it and want more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.