Subject: Some general questions after 1 solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I just finished my first solo game of Nina & Pinta. I lost 34-53, and just had some general questions:

1. How swingy is the solo game? I seemed up against it for a couple of reasons, and I'm not sure I could have done much about it. Firstly, my first Explore action of each era hit uninhabitable terrain. Whilst this gives you money, it also locked up one Captain each round, reducing my options next turn. Secondly, the AI picked up what seemed to be a lot of Military tokens, 8 in total, and 5 different types. And it quickly got ahead, so it always placed the first State of War token each round. Finally, the world I was hoping to get going ended up having 3 uninhabitable and 2 plains lands in the first 5, so I couldn't build there for ages. Was this all bad luck? Or is that something I will be able to play around with more experience?

2. How often do you generally take the build action via connected lands in a single world, versus the same land in different worlds? I ask, as the latter never happened in my game. Seeing as you need to generate gold within the world to build, it seems like you'd need a decent presence there initially. And if you have a decent presence, you would just satisfy the connected land requirement. Do people really generate enough money in a world to build, but somehow NOT have 3 different terrains?

3. How late are Cities normally built? Between myself and the AI, we ended up with 5, but all of those were built in Era 6.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.