G B
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We just unpacked this game for Christmas and I had a question: When the dice shows the mountain panorama, the instructions states that you must "Take an animal from your stock and put it next to one of the ends of
the mountain panorama so that both pieces touch. " In their example, the new piece is just next to the mountain, but I find that the piece can easily slip apart.

Is it allowed to add a piece next to the mountain, but one part (for example one leg of the cow) is sitting ON the extremity of the mountain, whilst the other leg sits on the table, thus enlarging the base?

The rules don't seem to forbid it, since they only state that the new part mush touch, but in the example give the new piece is strictly NEXT to the panorama.

PS: As a side note, my daughter tried to place a part in a different plane (put the snake at a 90 degrees angle across the mountain, or place another animal "flat on its side", but I assumed this is not allowed since all the examples show the animals in the same plane. This thread for the original game seems to confirm this: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1689741/laying-animals-flat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sleep
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your mountain rule makes sense, and if you think it makes for a better game, go for it. We have been using a rule adapted from Animal Upon Animal: Small and Yet Great!: "You can only add one animal to each side of the crocodile. If these positions are occupied no further animals can be added. But you can try to stack an animal on top of the pyramid."

We find this helps prevent the pyramid from becoming too spread out and retains more of the tension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.