Dragonfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confusion on magic cards and substituting equipment pack cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david hans
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
The problem I’m having is my brain is trying to treat this as a regular deck builder like ascension or legendary but since this is a campaign game I’m also pooling references from the pathfinder card game where you keep the same deck you’ve upgraded from each scenario.

So with magic cards I’m told to write them on the back of my screen, these are ones I’m chosen to keep so as long as it meets my attune capacity and my character magic limitations. So do I just pull whatever I have listed and add it to my starting pack?

As such in a 2 player game I’m allowed to replace any cards in my beginner pack with any X gold cost cards. So essentially I can replace all my basic cards with upgraded ones as long as the adventure is lvl 2 or higher then begin our game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikiwaka wrote:
...So do I just pull whatever I have listed and add it to my starting pack?

Yes. You've already done the legwork of determining if your attunement limit allows you to equip the item.

Tikiwaka wrote:

As such in a 2 player game I’m allowed to replace any cards in my beginner pack with any X gold cost cards. So essentially I can replace all my basic cards with upgraded ones as long as the adventure is lvl 2 or higher then begin our game?

Wrong. Reread page 26-27 about replacing a card or cards that add up to the cost. It might be possible to mistake the "card(s)" in that table to imply all cards in that persons equipment pack, but it is much fewer cards.

The reason they list the (s) is for splitting it to multiple cards per character when the cost gets to 4 or more (2 + 2 = 4, so 2 cost 2 cards are possible) and to include multiple characters. As stated, in a 2 player game both characters would have 2 classes, so both would get this option. In a 3 player game only 1 character would have 2 classes so only that character could replace 1 or more basic cards with Market cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikiwaka wrote:

In a two player and three player game, both or one character needs to double up on a class type (martial, devotion, deception, arcane) to meet the minimum requirements of having all four types depicted in the party.

When a character needs to double up on class types, they must replace one card from their equipment pack with a Bless card.

Furthermore, anytime that character that has doubled up a class type plays an adventure level 2 or higher, they also replace cards in their equipment pack up to the cost of the level of the adventure. So playing a level 3 adventure, they can buy one market card before the game at cost 3, and replace an equipment pack card with it. At adventure level four, they could buy one cost 4 card, or two cost 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.