Subject: New info rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ViolatorJK .
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb

this is on the face book page. HAVE NOT SEEN AN OFFICAL POST since the scout preview. Would have expected some sort of preview being that the drop zone early release was delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Bourez
France
flag msg tools
Hi !

It's the gorkanaut presented in an older news "Preview : bigger is better !"

And the facebook Devil Pig Games is a official page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDREAS UDBY
United States
SPOKANE
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not understanding the price. For $110, I got the OGRE Kickstarter which has hundreds of 3D units and a box the size of a sofa cushion. Why is this game so expensive for cardboard flats, and very few of them at that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's from GW...or at least the IP is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
Because it's from GW...

Which is another way of saying "we know there are fans who'll take out a second mortgage on grandma's house to buy an expansion with only a single counter in it -- we have no ethics and are going to rip you off for every penny we can pry out of your addicted/obsessed fingers."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's business, not charity laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the tickler wrote:
It's business, not charity

Oh, I absolutely agree. But game publishers have to realize that there's a point where price gouging starts to seriously impact their potential customer base. Like most stuff associated with GW, this game has clearly reached and gone well past that point. And what's amusing/remarkable here is that they've done so before they've even gone to press.

I'm right in targeted demographic for this game, but the buy-in price for even the relatively small starter set is ridiculous. If it were set lower I'd be willing to give the game a try and, if I liked it (which I'm pretty sure I would), then I'd want to pick up a few expansions -- that's sort of my standard purchasing practice: try the base set, buy a few expansions if I like the game, buy 'em all if I really like it. But $75 for a map and a couple sheets of counters -- seriously? An equivalent package from most other wargame publishers is going to be about half that price.

But you're right -- it's a business. I'm sure they'll find plenty of buyers and the game will have a solid base of fans. However, from a personal standpoint, they've already alienated me. While I'm definitely interested in the game, I'm pretty certain I won't be picking up a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UHART Yann
msg tools
publisher
mbmb
First point, the price is correct. Ogre with this price is the KS edition, so a game the publisher sell directly to you, no ? And he don't sell it in shops (except those who buy it during the kickstarter) if I well remind (I can make an error). So, you can multiply the price per 2 to have a price more real in shop with a distributor.

Second point, the quantity of stuff and illustrations. For those who have already played to Heroes of Normandie or Shadows over Normandie understand well what I mean.

Third point, quality and quantity of the material. I speak about counters of 2mm thickness, more than hundreds elements, 6 2-sided terrain tiles, 100 cards, etc.

If you can, seriously take a look to an Heroes of Normandie or Shadows over Normandie stuff ;-)

Last thing, with the Drop Zone, you can try the game at a lower price (25€ - around 30$) with units that are differents from those in the core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand and mostly agree with everything you've just posted. Yes, if your predecessor Heroes of Normandie (HoN) game is any evidence I'm sure the quality of the components and the artwork for this game will be top notch. I was never in doubt that it would be otherwise.

And having played HoN once, it can say that the system should transfer over to the 40K universe quite smoothly (in fact, I'd surmise it would be even better in a fantasy/SciFi environment because game play occasionally comes off as a bit "cartoony" in the historical setting of HoN -- still fun, but perhaps a little lacking in historical validity, which won't be an issue for the 40K setting here).

That said, my main concern still remains the initial buy-in price. From a purely component count perspective it's about 50% higher than comparable sized wargames from GMT or Compass.

Devil Pig Games wrote:
...with the Drop Zone, you can try the game at a lower price (25€ - around 30$) with units that are differents from those in the core box.

I'd be very interested to learn more about this "Drop Zone" package. This is the first time I've heard about it. Could you provide a link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:

I'd be very interested to learn more about this "Drop Zone" package. This is the first time I've heard about it. Could you provide a link?

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/gazette-imperiale...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDREAS UDBY
United States
SPOKANE
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devil Pig Games wrote:
First point, the price is correct.

Well, obviously you would think so. But as a potential customer, I have to tell you that I do not see sufficient value in the described contents to buy into it.

Good luck! I wish you the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.