Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Rabenstein
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
In setup.
Step 7 "The adventures Appears"

It says shuffle the 6 adventure card's and deal 1 to each player.

So my interpretation of this wording is you get dealt a character(adventure) at random and are not allowed to choose which one you want to be.

Is that true? That you must be given a adventure at random and can't just choose who you want to be?

Obviously it's a game and we can decide to do and play how ever we want but want to know if that is how most plp play the game and if that's how the game Creator intended it to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG

I don't recall the rules specifically but yeah, dealing out the adventurer cards means that's the one you get.

As you said, it's your game, have fun however you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inky Bloc
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We almost always play with the adventurers randomly chosen, but sometimes we'll choose a specific character (for example, if there's a new player, we might give them Water Carrier to give them a sense of greater responsibility, or less chance of dying of thirst).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We found it easier to choose our characters for their synergies when we first got the game. It allowed us to learn the game and rarely, very rarely, allowed us to win

Now that we understand the game a little more we choose randomly. Ultimately, as previously mentioned, play the game that allows you to enjoy it the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Semi-randomly: we'll deal 2 to each person, and they can choose which they want to use (lower player counts only of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.