Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we had a player place a worker on the Market, paid the cost, gained the benefit (which was an Advancement card). She took an Assistant card that gave her 1 Reputation when she uses the Market.

She argued that, having used the Market to gain that Assistant, she had used the Market and its ability triggered on that same turn.

I argued against it, because she would have had to use it to gain the card, thus the card came after using the building, so it wouldn't trigger on the same turn as it was gained.

But she was pretty adamant about it and the rest of the players said to let her do it so we did, but I fear it's set a bad precident.

Any rules or FAQ that specify the order of things during a turn? Really seems needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard: You are correct. If a player doesn't have a bonus-triggering card when they actually use the building, the bonus does not trigger. I'll add a note to the FAQ to make it official.

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/charterstone/faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thanks for the quick answer! We were still playing that game and corrected it. Amazing help.

There are other timing questions too, so perhaps you can add a list to the FAQ?

If I place a Robot on a building with a robot, what order are:

.I gain Something for placing a minion
.My opponent gains for my using a building where he has a minion, and what order if there are multiple opponent robots)
.I pay the cost to use the building
.I gain the benefit from using that building
.Move the progress token, if applicable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, that one is on the FAQ under Minions. The placement bonus is first, then you pay the cost, then you gain the benefit.

You can only place a minion on an unoccupied building in your charter, so there can't be multiple minions on a building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sure, that one is on the FAQ under Minions. The placement bonus is first, then you pay the cost, then you gain the benefit.

You can only place a minion on an unoccupied building in your charter, so there can't be multiple minions on a building.

Wow! We played this really wrong. Thanks for mentioning it. We'll correct this next game.

Thanks again for your kind help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kulprits
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilered question below in relation to the thread topic.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Already had the archivist and went to the market, and choose the longshoreman.
As the archivist gives a reputation for using the market, does she get the 1VP from the longshoreman as she just gained it. Do you get assistant bonuses before or after the action I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get assistant bonuses during the action, so if you just gained the card from the Market, its bonus wouldn't trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kulprits
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey, answered during our game still, amazing.

Also saw today someone asked the exact same question in a new thread, at least it wasn't just me .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good question! I'll add it to the FAQ.

Update: I just checked, and it's already noted there. Feel free to check it out between games: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/charterstone/faq/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.