Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Please tell me if I am reading this correctly:

An air unit has to stop moving when entering a hostile space. This would include an unoccupied hostile territory. The only exception is if there is a naval battle preceding a declared amphibious landing. In that case air units have the option of participating in the naval battle or "leapfrogging" over the hostile naval forces to participate in the land battle.

Now what would happen if the attacking player loses the naval battle and the embarked land forces never make the landing? Do the attacking air units need to attack on their own? Then say the air units actually win the land battle, how would they return to land? If the target territory was an island, and their are hostile naval surface ships in the surrounding water, the air units from the land attack would have to make a combat move as part of their return to base which isn't allowed.

I played a ton of the MB Gamemaster series A&A back in the day. Having that game seared into my memory is a blessing and a curse trying to pick up an edition that is mostly the same with some key differences.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prizziap wrote:
An air unit has to stop moving when entering a hostile space.

No, it doesn't. Air units can move through hostile spaces, in both combat and noncombat movement. See pages 13 and 26 of the Rulebook.

prizziap wrote:
Now what would happen if the attacking player loses the naval battle and the embarked land forces never make the landing? Do the attacking air units need to attack on their own?

Yes, but they may retreat after one round of combat.

prizziap wrote:
Then say the air units actually win the land battle, how would they return to land?

In the normal way. However, if there is no legal landing space within range, they will be lost.

prizziap wrote:
If the target territory was an island, and their are hostile naval surface ships in the surrounding water, the air units from the land attack would have to make a combat move as part of their return to base which isn't allowed.

This is not an issue - see above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.