United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "farthest left" is the leftmost token (horribly worded). Basically, each special token is a tick on your track. When you move past the last one, thereby resetting your marker in the first slot on the left, you level up. So as you get more special tokens (level up), it takes more XP to do so.

The debate now is wither you pause counting XP, get your new token (or perk), and then start counting, or count all XP, including starting at the beginning for additional XP, before leveling up. I elect to count it all out before leveling. It speeds things up just a smidge and makes the game go quicker. It also rewards you for taking on higher power enemies earlier in the game.

Also: this is answered a lot on the rules forums and should be posted there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you level up when reaching the last of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L tokens or do you need 1 more XP after reaching the last token, so do you actually level up once the token is back to the far left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuntersMoon wrote:
Do you level up when reaching the last of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L tokens or do you need 1 more XP after reaching the last token, so do you actually level up once the token is back to the far left?

You need one more to level up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HuntersMoon wrote:

Yep you level up each time the xp token reaches the Word L. Then you put it in furthest hole to the left and level up. If you gained more than the last hole, then you continue counting from S not from the starting spot. That's why the L word is the trigger to gain level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pritchard
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happypooya wrote:
HuntersMoon wrote:

Yep you level up each time the xp token reaches the Word L. Then you put it in furthest hole to the left and level up. If you gained more than the last hole, then you continue counting from S not from the starting spot. That's why the L word is the trigger to gain level.

Sorry, but this is all incorrect.

Let's use an example. Say you have two special tokens, A and L.
If your XP peg is on A and you gain 1 XP, the peg is moved under L, but you DO NOT level up.

Now your peg is under L. If you gain 1 XP, the peg is moved back to the very leftmost hole on the track (not the hole under the S). At that point you level up.

This is all outlined under 'XP' in the rules reference guide on page 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.