Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Travis has been posting some great behind-the-scenes content, giving gamers a first-hand look at the development process. You can view these posts by visiting (and subscribing to) the Kolossal Games blog. You can also go directly to the various posts at the links below:

The Stuff of Legend

(Out)Law and Order

Welcome to the Wild West

Let us know what you think in the comments below, and be sure to subscribe to stay up-to-date as new diaries (and other posts) go live!

Western Legends hits Kickstarter on January 9, 2018!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Wijnants
Belgium
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waw, looking good. Any chance the campaign will include some solo rules ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not currently. The game is extremely interactive so a solo game just doesn’t capture the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter will be multi language? (French please!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darknico wrote:
The Kickstarter will be multi language? (French please!)

I believe it is English only for KS. Although regarding French I know that the Matagot team in Paris is in touch with Kolossal, so it could be published that way. IMO the game packs such an Epic punch it definitely fits with other games in big boxes. Herve Lemaître starts with “un coup de maître”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The diaries talk about going Wanted->Marshall. Any word on how to do the inverse?

Right now I very curious to see the game in action. hope a game play video comes soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Legonian wrote:
The diaries talk about going Wanted->Marshall. Any word on how to do the inverse?

Right now I very curious to see the game in action. hope a game play video comes soon.

If you are on the Wanted track, the only way to become a Marshal is to first get arrested and lose all of your Wanted points. In the Wild West, you can't simply say you're sorry and decide to become a lawman. Once you've been arrested, you can move to the Marshal track by taking any action that awards Marshal points. The simplest way to think of it is that Wanted players cannot gain Marshal points.

For Marshal players, it's a bit easier to change your mind and strategy. Simply take an action that gives Wanted points and you're immediately an outlaw and will move your cube to the Wanted track.

Players cannot exist on both tracks at the same time, but it is possible to be on neither track.

There will be gameplay videos (a how to play and a gameplay walkthrough) on the Kickstarter campaign page when it goes live on Tuesday (Jan 9).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of story cards that allow for Wanted players to become Marshals, but thematically our aim was to be more realistic--you break the law, you are a criminal. The Wanted players can rack up points, so giving them a reliable out to no longer be hunted by marshals/the sheriff means it drastically diminishes the intention of risk-reward.

However, I have seen Wanted players intentionally get arrested to switch gears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of adding a printed diary as an add-on option with the KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No diary, but we have some really great stuff lined up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.