Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghouls in decline rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kp Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
Searched this in rules forum , didn't see related thread , apologise if I overlooked want posting.

The question I had is what happens when I have 3 in decline ghouls on the board and during my turn I abandon them and try to conquer a non empty region with more than 1 token with reinforcement die and I draw a blank, do I get to play with these 3 in decline ghouls my next turn or not ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you do. You simply keep those tokens in hand until your next turn, just as you would with active race tokens under the same circumstances. In-decline ghouls function as an active race excepting no special power and they of course interact with other races as any other in-decline race would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus Rocha
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, keep them in your hand and use them on your next turn just as if you just got them. Start conquering from the border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kp Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks folks. On a related note , when I am playing with " in decline ghouls " and decide to put my current active race in decline I can't continue to play with my " in decline ghouls " that turn unless they have spirit power?

Confusion partly arised due to the fact player A started his turn with ghouls and once done , decided he is going to put the Giants (his active race) in decline - how convenient and incorrect I suppose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kpzzzzz wrote:
Thanks folks. On a related note , when I am playing with " in decline ghouls " and decide to put my current active race in decline I can't continue to play with my " in decline ghouls " that turn unless they have spirit power?

Confusion partly arised due to the fact player A started his turn with ghouls and once done , decided he is going to put the Giants (his active race) in decline - how convenient and incorrect I suppose?

Yes very incorrect. When you decline your active race disappear, and you decide this at the beginning of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Guillaume
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If your spirit ghouls are in decline and you go into decline with your active race, I don't think you can attack with your ghouls that same turn.

This is on the official FAQ. "There is no attack phase for the in-decline Ghouls because there is only an attack phase in a turn if that turn is spent expanding, not going into decline with a race (your Elves, here)."

I take that to mean you can only attack with your in decline ghouls when you are attacking with your active race too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.