Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kruckvich
United States
Greensburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game, and wondering if I did something wrong...

Looking through threads here, people keep mentioning filling in all the previous dungeon levels again after descending. However, I can't find any mention in the rulebook that dice spent on a dungeon level return to the general pool when descending.

If I fill the combat box of the dungeon card on Floor 1, am I safe from that consequence for the rest of the game (making filling those a priority even if they don't have a shield), or does it get reset when I descend? Or is it even worse and it resets after every encounter?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Frantz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me, but you have to fill either the combat side or the trap (whatever it's called) depending on the encounter type EVERY time you explore a door and fight the monster.

After you descend, you have to fill both the first level box and the second box EVERY encounter.

Put another way, the dungeon card slots can be treated as if they were on the encounter card.

It's a hard game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Garvens
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
OW!
badge
Suuuuuuuperrrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Varkias wrote:
Just played my first game, and wondering if I did something wrong...

Looking through threads here, people keep mentioning filling in all the previous dungeon levels again after descending. However, I can't find any mention in the rulebook that dice spent on a dungeon level return to the general pool when descending.

If I fill the combat box of the dungeon card on Floor 1, am I safe from that consequence for the rest of the game (making filling those a priority even if they don't have a shield), or does it get reset when I descend? Or is it even worse and it resets after every encounter?

Thanks!

the challenge boxes on the dungeon card reset every encounter. They are essentially the same as if they were on the monster or trap card. These stack on top of each other as you descend. So on level 2 you have to fill the challenge boxes on lvl 1 AND lvl 2, every encouner. Likewise the effects listed in the middle stack. This continues until you reach the boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
All dice return to the supply at the end of each encounter. The only ones that would stay elsewhere are heroic dice stored due to certain feats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kruckvich
United States
Greensburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's EVERY encounter?

Yikes, that IS rough!

Thanks, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.