Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Busam
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm having trouble parsing an interaction. Let's say that Arachne bestows some Web tokens on some unfortunate units in Athena's army. Can Athena use her Owl to try to clear them?

Arachne's Web ability indicates that the webbed unit and allies can attack the Web token. Athena would be an ally, but her Owl ability says it only attacks enemy units. A token is not an enemy unit. Both abilities are powers, so one is not at a higher spot on the hierarchy for interactions.

Is there a rule or other information that I'm overlooking? How would you resolve this?

Thanks much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominick Piantoni
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I think you answered your question in the question. A token is not an enemy unit and I would then think her Owl attack would not apply to removing a token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
ambusam wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having trouble parsing an interaction. Let's say that Arachne bestows some Web tokens on some unfortunate units in Athena's army. Can Athena use her Owl to try to clear them?

Arachne's Web ability indicates that the webbed unit and allies can attack the Web token. Athena would be an ally, but her Owl ability says it only attacks enemy units. A token is not an enemy unit. Both abilities are powers, so one is not at a higher spot on the hierarchy for interactions.

Is there a rule or other information that I'm overlooking? How would you resolve this?

Thanks much!

Archne's post is clear "Friendly units can attack the tokens".
The reason why the Owl's attack indicates that it only attacks enemy units is because it is an area attack that does not affect friendly units.

In this case the token can be used to resemble a none-friendly unit, since it has defense and vitality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.