Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hera Campaign Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Laufer
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
So the campaign out of the Hera expansion box is perplexing me somewhat, and I had a few questions:

1) The starting teams are unbalanaced: 16 RP for Athena/Heracles, and 13 RP for Hera/Achilles. Is this intended, or a solution to this mentioned somewhere? Even the divinity-less forces for the first scenario are 9RP to 10RP.

2)The campaign book mentions that all scenarios require the exact amount of RP for both players, which already makes the first scenario impossible, and the next few as well if the Hera team doesn't win Geryon in the scenario. Is there any work-around for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) The starting value of Team Hera is 15 (Hera 4, Achilles 4, Odysseus 3, Eurytos 3, Hoplites 1)

2) You can only chose scenarios which contain an RP amount that both players have. As you get 2 Renown per scenario and Renown equals RP most of the time Team Hera should have at least 17 RP after the first an 19 RP after the second scenario; more if Team Hera wins a scenario which gets them a monster or a hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Laufer
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
1) Team Hera starts with Eurystheus(1RP) not Eurytos(3RP).

2)So the concept of "choosing any scenario" isn't exactly true, then. A little disappointing, but I guess there's not much to be done. It also limits the Hera player from saving for Veteran Achilles or something else, which is further unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dammit, you are right

Looks like they did not add another 3P Character to the starting army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.