5 Posts

Azul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
arharh arhaerh
msg tools
Hey,

Love the game, but wanted to make sure I'm playing it correctly.

Question 1: Let's say someone has filled every row in their "staging area" with tiles, and there are still tiles left on the table when the turn gets back to them. What happens if...

1a) The person has *no colors* in their filled up staging area that match tiles in the discard pile?

1b) The person has a color in the filled up staging area that matches a color in the discard pile? (are they forced to pick up all of the tiles and add them to their floor row?)

Question 2: Once someone successfully completes a row, my understanding is that wall placement commences, but there is no final scoring of tiles (positive or negative), and instead only completed rows, columns, and sets of 5 of the same tile are scored. Did I get that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
If my answers seem really far from how you play it might be worthwhile to watch a video explanation.

1 - you must pickup tiles on your turn, it's your choice whether you put those on your pattern lines or the floor. If your pattern lines are full or the wrong colors then all the tiles you pickup go to the floor.

2 - wall tiling happens at the end of the round which is when all tiles have been claimed. The game ends after the wall tiling phase if someone has completed a row of 5 on their wall. So you fully score all the tiles placed in that round, then if the game end condition is met you score the bonuses and compare scores to see who won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arharh arhaerh
msg tools
Thanks for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven suggs
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
I feel like 1b wasn’t answered. I couldn’t find a prohibition against this. So if for example there is a line of red’s completely filled up and there’s more reds in the middle and an empty line then you should be able to put those reds in the line and not the floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
stevensuggs wrote:
I feel like 1b wasn’t answered. I couldn’t find a prohibition against this. So if for example there is a line of red’s completely filled up and there’s more reds in the middle and an empty line then you should be able to put those reds in the line and not the floor.

That's not what the OP was asking, but yes you can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.