Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just curious why this step is there. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mayor's secret role determines the difficulty level of the words that are shown on his "choose a Magic Word" screen.

If the Mayor is a Villager (or Beholder), all words in the list are the difficulty level set on the main screen.

If the Mayor is the Seer, each word has a 50% chance of being chosen from a difficulty level that is one level easier than the difficulty level on the main screen.

If the Mayor is a Werewolf (or Minion), each word has a 50% chance of being chosen from a difficulty level that is one level harder than the difficulty level on the main screen.

This compensates for there either not being a Seer (word might be a little easier to guess without help), or there not being a Werewolf (word might be a little harder to guess without help). Of course, if the word seems too easy, the Werewolf might figure out that the Mayor is the Seer, and if the word is too hard, the players might figure out that the Mayor is the Werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Ted. I just played for the first time with my in-laws and this game was a huge hit. But we all had a big laugh when my MIL, as mayor for the first time, didn't quite get what she was supposed to do and was tapping her secret role CARD, to no effect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.