Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Per P.19 it clarifies that a daughter's re-roll abilities on a hunt applies to more than just 1 of that result (we played this wrong tonight as we only allowed each elder/weapon/daughter ability to be used once per hunt).

1. under weapons it says that a harpoon invention could change the "3" to a "1" automatically but there was just one die roll of "3". can the weapon do that to unlimited number of "3" result dice? seems Overpowered to us at the time and rather than sift through the rulebook again for sake of speedier gameplay we ruled that the weapon could only be used once per hunt for that ability...was this correct or do auto-hit weapons allow all dice results of the certain number to be converted to "1"?

2. same question on weapons as question #1 except for ones that provide re-rolls rather than auto-hits.

3. same question on the shaman (rank 2 elder) where applicable for the Thule and Tunit...they both allow re-roll of "3" and "4" in Maritime and Fishing biomes respectively, we played that in each hunt where it was the applicable biome, you could only re-roll 1 "3" and 1 "4" per elder which would make it potentially valuable to have more than 1 rank 2 elder...but now I think it is possible we played it wrong and all 3's and 4's from initial roll may be be re-rolled.

4. same question on limited or unlimited rolls for domesticated animals such as the Falcon, is there a limit of 1 re-roll of the specified die number per card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It is a converter: all 3s become 1s for example. Use reroll powers granted by elders, daughters, and items before converting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of those re-rolls and conversions as the result of cultural and technological advancements (as opposed to discrete weapons and individuals with those abilities).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Derphausen wrote:
Yes. It is a converter: all 3s become 1s for example. Use reroll powers granted by elders, daughters, and items before converting.


Where is that in the rulebook? That you have to use daughter and elder abilities before weapons ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
umrmeche wrote:
Derphausen wrote:
Yes. It is a converter: all 3s become 1s for example. Use reroll powers granted by elders, daughters, and items before converting.


Where is that in the rulebook? That you have to use daughter and elder abilities before weapons ?

I don't recall any rule that dictated re-rolls before conversions. I've always played that you can do them in any order. Once I can convert, say, 3s to 1s, I no longer re-roll 3s.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you convert first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That would make more sense since it says May reroll on daughters and elder
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
umrmeche wrote:
Derphausen wrote:
Yes. It is a converter: all 3s become 1s for example. Use reroll powers granted by elders, daughters, and items before converting.


Where is that in the rulebook? That you have to use daughter and elder abilities before weapons ?

I don't recall any rule that dictated re-rolls before conversions. I've always played that you can do them in any order. Once I can convert, say, 3s to 1s, I no longer re-roll 3s.


Living Rules
G
3rd bullet

"Modifiers. The hunt roll may be modified first per G2 and then per G3."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Living Rules
G
3rd bullet

"Modifiers. The hunt roll may be modified first per G2 and then per G3."

There it is. I do wonder why it matters what order you apply these, such that the living rules needed to be revised to be explicit about the order. After I roll the dice, whichever ones can be converted will not be among those I reroll. And after any rerolls, I might have more dice I can convert. In fact, why would anyone do it the other way around (convert, then reroll)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.