Subject: app: shuffling problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renato Borges
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
first i would like to say that the game is awesome, and the app did a pretty good job, even though I think it is not that hard to beat.

After a several of plays, i think the app have a shuffle problem. I'm playing in the IOs and for me it is clear that the first card in the discard pile is always taken again.

More than once, a card bought in the last buying fase is only taken in the 4th game, which is insane. Every card should appear once every 2,5 games.
thanks in advance. looking forward for further expansions available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many times have you played? I've played 30 times or so and have never noticed what you're saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Borges
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
more than 300 for sure!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Renato,

For the app issues, I will have to leave it to the programmer, Peter Kossits, to reply.

As for beating the app - just asking for clarification:

Are you playing with NO buy rounds and beating it regularly?

That would be quite a feat if you are. I find it easy to beat the AI using 3 buy rounds, fairly easy to beat with 2 buy rounds, a little more challenging with only 1 buy round, and very fun and challenging at 0 buy rounds. Starting with an all Free Agent deck versus simply a starter team has a lot of challenges.

Ralph

Go Wiffle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renatosborges wrote:

More than once, a card bought in the last buying fase is only taken in the 4th game

I'm not sure what you mean here.

When you buy a card, it goes face-up to the top of your deck. You get to use it in the very next game. Then at the end of the game it is in your discard pile with 5 other cards.

Then you play another game, it is still in your discard pile, but this time with 11 other cards instead of 5.

Now we deal your hand for game #3. The deck is too small to deal 6 cards, so we deal 3 and then shuffle the other 12 cards in the discards and that becomes your new deck. The card you purchased is in there somewhere, but it could come out anywhere. In game 3 right now (3 picks with 12 cards in deck), but maybe also in game 4 (6 picks with 9 cards left) or 5 (3 picks with 3 cards left).

So you bought the card before game #1 and used it and the next time you see it is in #5. That seems possible. It's the worst case, but it's possible. It is definitely not insane.

renatosborges wrote:

Every card should appear once every 2,5 games.

All you're doing here is 15/6. That might be a sort of average, but it's not the worst or best case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just a thought, if you skip the pre-league games, any cards you buy in rounds one and two will not (necessarily) appear in your hand on game #1 when starting the league.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:

renatosborges wrote:

All you're doing here is 15/6. That might be an average, but it's not the worst or best case.

It'a also only true if you don't use On Deck or PH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Burkhardsmeier
United States
Fergus Falls,
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is off topic, but this is my favorite iOS game.
Is there any hope of having a season with playoffs? Even if where a 30 Game season would be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kimpek wrote:
Is there any hope of having a season with playoffs? Even if where a do Game season would be fun!

It's a welcome topic change!

I do actually have an idea for a 30 game season followed by playoffs that I may try to add in one of these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Borges
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
peterk1 wrote:
Kimpek wrote:
Is there any hope of having a season with playoffs? Even if where a do Game season would be fun!

It's a welcome topic change!

I do actually have an idea for a 30 game season followed by playoffs that I may try to add in one of these days.

Whoooaaa! i'm really glad with this topic change!! really great news!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Borges
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
DragonCat wrote:
Hi Renato,

For the app issues, I will have to leave it to the programmer, Peter Kossits, to reply.

As for beating the app - just asking for clarification:

Are you playing with NO buy rounds and beating it regularly?

That would be quite a feat if you are. I find it easy to beat the AI using 3 buy rounds, fairly easy to beat with 2 buy rounds, a little more challenging with only 1 buy round, and very fun and challenging at 0 buy rounds. Starting with an all Free Agent deck versus simply a starter team has a lot of challenges.

Ralph

Go Wiffle!

Actually I rather play "vs AI" instead of "Standard". I used to play "Standard" before the release fo "vs AI".

So yesterday I've played a few "Standard" games in very hard mode, here the results:
Los Angeles 4 - 1 AI
Los Angeles 4 - 2 AI
AI 4 - 1 San Francisco (AI won the first 3 games by 1 pt in extra winnings, heartbreaking loss)
San Francisco 4 - 3 AI
New York 4 - 3 AI
New York 4 - 2 AI
Boston 4 - 3 AI
Boston 4 - 3 AI
San Francisco 4 - 3 AI
San Francisco 4 - 3 AI
Boston 4 - 2 AI

10-1 record and honestly, the lost match was the funniest one. Really tough team to beat. This leaves me one suggestion: some scenarios play, with pre-set AI teams.

Once I've played a Normal model against a build Magna Glove AI Squat, it is almost impossible to beat. Will be the hardest mode ever!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Borges
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
peterk1 wrote:
renatosborges wrote:

More than once, a card bought in the last buying fase is only taken in the 4th game

I'm not sure what you mean here.

When you buy a card, it goes face-up to the top of your deck. You get to use it in the very next game. Then at the end of the game it is in your discard pile with 5 other cards.

Then you play another game, it is still in your discard pile, but this time with 11 other cards instead of 5.

Now we deal your hand for game #3. The deck is too small to deal 6 cards, so we deal 3 and then shuffle the other 12 cards in the discards and that becomes your new deck. The card you purchased is in there somewhere, but it could come out anywhere. In game 3 right now (3 picks with 12 cards in deck), but maybe also in game 4 (6 picks with 9 cards left) or 5 (3 picks with 3 cards left).

So you bought the card before game #1 and used it and the next time you see it is in #5. That seems possible. It's the worst case, but it's possible. It is definitely not insane.

renatosborges wrote:

All you're doing here is 15/6. That might be a sort of average, but it's not the worst or best case.

i didn't explain myself properly. yesterday i've tried to write better my concern about the buy from the second buy round (not the last one) just be draw again in game five, but I realize that this is tottally possible.

It is possible to use twice the card bought in the last round before draw the card bought in the second. Weird but possible.

Anyway, I still have the feeling that the card on top of the discard pile is always taken. I will track my following games to collect some data and confirm if I have a point or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renatosborges wrote:

10-1 record and honestly, the lost match was the funniest one. Really tough team to beat. This leaves me one suggestion: some scenarios play, with pre-set AI teams.

I've never heard of anyone beating the hardest solo level from the boardgame this badly. Wow. Well done.

That was more than a "few" games by the way! Looks like you played for 5-6 hours yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Borges
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
peterk1 wrote:
renatosborges wrote:

I've never heard of anyone beating the hardest solo level from the boardgame this badly. Wow. Well done.

That was more than a "few" games by the way! Looks like you played for 5-6 hours yesterday.

ops, I didn't notice how long it takes... whistle

even with this winning record against the hardest standard, i'm terrible against humans, losing record by far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see the rest of the expansions and starter teams added to the app as well. I would make my own season with that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Burkhardsmeier
United States
Fergus Falls,
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be so great! Maybe it would reinvigorate that’s app. I would promote it. Burky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.