Darkest Night: From the Abyss» Forums » Rules

Subject: Faithful servants card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lancepierre
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

could anyone explain to me in more detail how to play the "faithful servants" card.
indeed I do not understand the impact on the village.

thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't impact the village any differently than other locations.

The core idea of the card is that it gives the Necromancer the same effect as a random blight. For instance, it could copy a Zombies blight, and then there will always be Zombies wherever the Necromancer is (meaning heroes ending a turn at the Necromancer's location will always have to combat a zombie).

Or it could copy a Curse blight, and then heroes will lose a grace when entering the Necromancer's location.

Or it could copy a Confusion blight, and then heroes will never be able to use tactics at the Necromancer's location.

The way you decide which blight it copies is:
1. Draw a map card
2. On that card, find the row for "village"
3. Copy the blight from that row

The Faithful Servants card now has the effect of that blight.

Nothing special happens at the village, though.

The reason you use the village row is that there are certain blights that would be really bad to copy. For instance, if this copied the Decay blight, that would suppress the effects of holy relics, but you couldn't actually destroy the "blight", so you couldn't get rid of it, and therefore the game becomes impossible.

But! The most problematic blights (like Decay) never appear in the village row of the map cards. Therefore, by having Faithful Servants look in the village row, it's guaranteed to never copy those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lancepierre
France
flag msg tools
A big thank you for the explanations and the time used for this. Now it's more understandable. I was in darkness in front of this card

I take this opportunity to congratulate you (and the VPG team) for this fantastic game.

A guy from France.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.