BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Finding New Games For Beginners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Sletcher
South Africa
flag msg tools
Hey Guys,

I'm really new to the board gaming hobby. I started out playing settlers and fell in love. In the last couple of months I have bought: King of New York, 7 Wonders, Pandemic (with in the lab expansion), Love Letter, Exploding Kittens, Scythe, Captain Sonar and a few others.

My question is, would anyone read a blog or watch a video series where I buy a game a month that gets recommended via BGG or YT and share my thoughts as a new gamer.

I feel like I watch and read a lot of reviews, but they come from people who have played it all and have much higher standards than me. I'm finding it hard to find my 'next' game and I thought this would be a fun and interesting way to go about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Gnarlo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
LESS FILLING
badge
Guy Smiley
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it a go; would love to watch it. I like watching a wide variety of gamers give their 2 cents about how they have experienced a game; from the fresh eyes of the newbie (which I consider myself to be) to the jaded "This game was once one of my favorites, but I've played it so many times that now I can't wait to bad mouth it at every opportunity" veterans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Jordheim
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have some interest but what you should know is that you have something called "acquisition disorder."

Like many of us the hobby has grabbed hold of you and you want to try new games all the time in that unending quest to find your perfect game.

But as you start to refine your tastes and decide what you do, and do not, like then your purchases will slow and your opinions will shift like the reviewers you watch....

So, what will you do with your blog (and all those games that didn't make the cut) after?

I am not trying to stop you, but I just want you to take a step back and look at what you are doing, why you are doing it and for how long you think this will last before investing the time and money into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.