Subject: Looking for intro video for newbies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Krell
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I am looking for an intro video for players, who know nothing about DOOM PC game, to get a closer feeling for the board game.
In youtube one find tons of videos about that, but perhaps does anyone have a tip for me for a good and short one? Especially the weapons in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCloskey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking also for one. Hope you find one you can use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a DOOM board game lurker. I have the game, but am too intimidated to bring it to the rare chance I have for the table.

Any help I can get would too be appreciated. I just don't have the time >.<

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj W
United States
St Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There are (11) video links in the very forum you are currently using ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But do you have a favorite? wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krell
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Norsa, I am not looking for boardgame videos. I am looking for a short PC game video as an intro for the boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj W
United States
St Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Okay that clears it up, since you posted about a board game on a board game forum and the wording specified that you were looking to give them a better feel for the board game I sort of assumed you were looking for videos about the board game ...

That out of the way, yes, there are many videos about the PC game online - however there are several versions of the DOOM video game. Are you trying to give your players an overview of the whole DOOM series ? Do you want to go back to Wolfenstein 3D, or even further ?

If you want to reference only the latest version, the 2016 one, I would simply go to ID's webiste and watch the Launch Trailer.

Here's the Deutsch site: https://doom.com/de-de/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krell
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the trailer hint, Norsa. That´s what I am looking for. I first missed the chainsaw in the PC trailer, but then I found the much more better trailer for PS4 "DOOM Gameplay trailer PS4"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KCnTjoNIww&t=11s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj W
United States
St Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cool glad that will work for you.

Also if you have any players that are interested in more of the history of DOOM then I think the RetroAhoy series on YouTube is worth everyone’s time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.