John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by the Damnatio Memoriae cards remarks on mobs.

I get that I reduce the Legacy of the previous Emperor, probably by a handful of points. But it looks like I think place an equal number of mobs into my own provinces. So I hurt myself in direct proportion to the degree I hurt the previous emperor?

Obviously I can then spend some points clearing them up. But it reads to me like a very double edged sort of thing to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Mobs don't cost you legacy directly and you may have provinces where you can stick them without much ill-effect, especially towards the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Mobs don't cost you legacy directly and you may have provinces where you can stick them without much ill-effect, especially towards the end of the game.

Exactly. And this event is the only way to reduce a player's legacy, but the more popular the outgoing Emperor the more the people react to you besmirching his name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.