Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Player Aid Card under Range modification when Attacking,
"Gain = Move and Attack Penalty at range 0"

I can't figure out what the "Gain" is? Is there a positive modifier moving and attacking into a hex with a friendly, Range 0?

Or is it saying there is no negative modifier when moving and attacking into a hex with a friendly? Is the Move/Attack negative modifier nullified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
What's the player aid card - I didn't get one in my box and I don't see one mentioned in the DVG unboxing video?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ron42na wrote:
What's the player aid card - I didn't get one in my box and I don't see one mentioned in the DVG unboxing video?

Check out Gimpy's Unboxing video at 16:05.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a "misprint" of some sort... I've been looking and reading and I cannot find out exactly what it means. Although, someone will come along and say, OH... it's for this... and then you do a forehead slap!

OK... My thought? Well... how about a NO Point/Stress penalty if you move INTO an enemy hex and attack at Range 0? BUT... I cannot find any "rule" about that in the rulebook.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
tekawiz wrote:
ron42na wrote:

Check out Gimpy's Unboxing video at 16:05.

I see what you're talking about now - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
tekawiz wrote:
On the Player Aid Card under Range modification when Attacking,
"Gain = Move and Attack Penalty at range 0"

I can't figure out what the "Gain" is? Is there a positive modifier moving and attacking into a hex with a friendly, Range 0?

Or is it saying there is no negative modifier when moving and attacking into a hex with a friendly? Is the Move/Attack negative modifier nullified?

My guess is you combine the move and attack penalty with the 0 range modifier from the unit commander.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect it is a last edits typo of a previous Gain: +2 at range 0 benefit that may not have survived the final rules edits. I see that the example of play has unit 921 battling it out with a couple attack references to gaining +2 for same hex, assume another left over from last rules edits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ncree wrote:
I suspect it is a last edits typo of a previous Gain: +2 at range 0 benefit that may not have survived the final rules edits. I see that the example of play has unit 921 battling it out with a couple attack references to gaining +2 for same hex, assume another left over from last rules edits.

I think you're right. I asked Gimpy and his answer was similar.

"That comes from gaining your "move attack penalty" at range 0. The penalty for moving and attacking for German rifles is -2 so at range 0 they will gain a +2. The same applies for all troops of both sides with just the number changing based on penalty."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that the TL Upgrade Kit has reference to this below, not sure of SL intent at this point.

All Units - When Attacking
Roll 2 dice for all German and Allied Attacks.

Units gain a die roll bonus equal to their normal
Move and Attack penalty when attacking at Range

A Rifle Units gains +2 when Attacking at Range 0.
A Tank (or Armor) gains +1 when Attacking at
Range 0.

Apply a -1 die roll penalty to each attack die when
attacking at Range 2.

Apply a -2 die roll penalty to each attack die when
attacking at Range 3.

Apply a -3 die roll penalty to each attack die when
attacking at Range 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just finished a campaign week and I like this rule. It makes being aggressive with infantry advances more viable (unless you're like me and have pacifist elite infantry troops :) )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you will find the answer to the Original Post question HERE:
+2 DRM when in same hex?

Read the whole page, OR "my take":

Gain = Move and Attack penalty at Range 0

So, if your move & attack penalty is -2, then you would GAIN a +2 at range 0. OR if your move & attack penalty is -1, then you would GAIN a +1 at range 0.

So, your "move & attack penalty" is basically ignored IF you end movement (and attack) in an enemy hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, the real request is for DVG to weigh in on the missing rule content vs the board/example content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.