Subject: Movement between rooftop and time car? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gifted Colt Express for Christmas and I'm looking forward to playing it. I've played the mobile version, which is great, but now I'll be able to play against local friends, not to mention add expansions.

The out-of-print Time Travel Car mini-expansion doesn't seem worth the high dollar amount charged by collectors, but with a PDF copy of the rules, it seems easy enough to substitute the cardboard time car with a Hot Wheels DeLorean I have on hand.

There's just one thing I'm unclear on:

I understand the time car is considered adjacent to both the roof and the interior of the locomotive. The line-sight-rules are pretty clear, but what about movement? It seems you can move from the rooftop up to three spaces to land in the time car... but if you're already in the time car, can you use a move action to travel up to three spaces across the roof of the train? Or can you move JUST one space onto the roof of the locomotive?

I suspect you can travel up to three spaces either way, but the time car isn't explicitly stated to be part of the roof, so I wanted to compare notes with you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd allow a three space move from the DeLorean across the roof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
I'd allow a three space move from the DeLorean across the roof.

Sounds good.

Anybody do it differently, by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The German Brettspiel Magazin published the rules for the DeLorean. It is in German and you can find it here:
https://www.brettspiele-magazin.de/colt-express-delorean/

It reads that the car is adjacent to both, roof and train, so you can shoot and move to and from roof and train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regards,
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybertrigger wrote:
The German Brettspiel Magazin published the rules for the DeLorean. It is in German and you can find it here:
https://www.brettspiele-magazin.de/colt-express-delorean/

It reads that the car is adjacent to both, roof and train, so you can shoot and move to and from roof and train.

Well, I understand that you can move between or shoot across either level, but that still doesn't explicitly answer the multi-car distance question. Nevertheless, it's the best explanation I've gotten. I guess I'll go with the “acts as part of the roof for the purposes of rooftop movement and shooting” interpretation. Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.