mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
4.8 Million
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Young
United Kingdom
Camberley
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
badge
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like to guess how much a game is gonna make because it can create the bad type of antecipation and can lead to frustration if a certain number is not met, even if it's well above the necessary money.

Anyway, i'll try to guess

i work with uncertainty quantification, and we always use base case, pessimistic case and optimistic case.

Pessimistic: 2.7M (same as MB: P)
Base: 3.7M (Conan plus Book of Set KS)
Optimistic: 4.9M (Conan plus Book of Set KS multiplied 4/3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know what the highest pledge level will be (not counting retail bundles or sponsoring the developers to come to your house and make dinner).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien toro
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robcannonsoftware wrote:
I want to know what the highest pledge level will be (not counting retail bundles or sponsoring the developers to come to your house and make dinner).
Core box = 130$
All-in : 300$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SentMa wrote:
robcannonsoftware wrote:
Core box = 130$

Dreaming if you think the all-in will be just $300. My guess is all-in (including core) is $500+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already confirmed by monolith that the all-in is estimated to be $300. even if it's a bit ore expensive because of something, it will not deviate a lot of the $300 mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoRiGo wrote:
Post your guess...

All of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
SentMa wrote:
robcannonsoftware wrote:
Core box = 130$

Dreaming if you think the all-in will be just $300. My guess is all-in (including core) is $500+.

Just in case you weren’t aware, but SentMa works for Monolith and runs their “Overlord” website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
It's already confirmed by monolith that the all-in is estimated to be $300. even if it's a bit ore expensive because of something, it will not deviate a lot of the $300 mark

Well, I know how much to save for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that’s just cheating then!

My estimate was based off of their prior KS’ers, Conan and Mythic Battles Pantheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Well that’s just cheating then!

My estimate was based off of their prior KS’ers, Conan and Mythic Battles Pantheon.

I feel like your estimate is a good guess. I'll go with 2.9M myself, just for the pleasure of betting on something slightly different.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm saying 4M.

SentMa wrote:

That's... not too bad, actually. Certainly a lot less than what I was expecting,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7.5 million
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conan made $3.3 million on the first go around years ago. I am saying this will make $10 million. $300 all-in? Monolith must hate money.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Doherty
msg tools
shaneslunchbox wrote:
Conan made $3.3 million on the first go around years ago. I am saying this will make $10 million. $300 all-in? Monolith must hate money.......

No quite the opposite having an all in at $300 will get more people deciding all in is attainable and paying for everything as opposed to thinking well I don't want to spend $500 getting everything I will just get the core box.
I suspect they will make more money with a lower all in than they would have with a stupidly expensive $500 all in that 10% of people feel they can justify for a single boardgame .... Netflix effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hoisington
United States
flag msg tools
8.2 Million
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One and Only Noir
Germany
Walldürn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well ... Batman is a big brand, that's true. But Comic Books are still a niche within Gaming. Given that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Kickstarter made a bit more than 850.000 Bucks and given that "Batman" is bigger than "Turtles" ... I'd say about 1.6 to 2 Million Dollar seems realistic.

I do hope for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
TheOneAndOnlyNoir wrote:
Well ... Batman is a big brand, that's true. But Comic Books are still a niche within Gaming. Given that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Kickstarter made a bit more than 850.000 Bucks and given that "Batman" is bigger than "Turtles" ... I'd say about 1.6 to 2 Million Dollar seems realistic.

I do hope for more.

Me too, or else I am out of job shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More than $1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One and Only Noir
Germany
Walldürn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I do think it is a good thing, that one can get "All In" for around 300 Bucks. That might help to convince more backers to go for that pledge level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
TheOneAndOnlyNoir wrote:
Oh, I do think it is a good thing, that one can get "All In" for around 300 Bucks. That might help to convince more backers to go for that pledge level.

consider me one of those.
$300 is probably my breaking point for All-In (provided it is a real All-in and not a "All-in except bonus dice and terrain pieces All-in").

$600 is a big no-no.

If indeed $300 buys you all there is in the campaign, I think it is just the right price range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.