Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Coppola
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why do you think the starting capital is so different between first and last player? Unlike Caylus, for example, where only one person may occupy a tile, here all ranchers may occupy the same tile and obtain the benefit. In other words, I suppose, what is the perceived value to go first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on what helper tiles are available, given that you can jump on to any neutral building, you may have an advantage in getting the only builder/cowboy/railway dude. That is quite an advantage really.

There might also be only one of an available steer in the cattle market.

Or you could immediately put a building in the way to force others to pay you cash.

Lots of micro advantages really, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Burghardt
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game doesn’t guarantee an even number of turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
You have some chance at an extra turn, but I agree that the biggest advantage is priority access to:
- Best building location, especially with a taxing building at the spot before public building D if it’s an important one (the only one that you can require other players go through)
- First trip to job market overall, or with double-hire money.

I saw that one GWT tournament had players bid VP for turn order, and I think the championship ended up having some one pay like 8 VP to go first, 3 to go second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gee
msg tools
nburghardt wrote:

Wait, doesn't everyone else get one final turn after the player that initiated the game's end? Or where you referring to reaching Kansas for deliveries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
gavbryan01 wrote:
nburghardt wrote:

Wait, doesn't everyone else get one final turn after the player that initiated the game's end? Or where you referring to reaching Kansas for deliveries?

They do, but that doesn't guarantee even turns. If, e.g., Player 3 from a 4 Player game ends the game, then 4, 1, and 2 will all get a final turn, meaning P1 and P2 got an extra turn overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.